Re: Feature request: CW-Skimmer

  • jim_w8wy
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
      I agree..."Do you think it would be possible to include a switch in the CW-Skimmer settings which let's us select the source of the frequency information (either VFOA or VFOB) ?" I'm a new user of CW Skimmer and currently use the 'radio' mode with a FT-2000D and DXLab's Commander, which now interoperates with CW Skimmer (thanks Dave AA6YQ). As limiting as the 'radio' mode is, I can fine tune the DX station with VFO A and and scan the split range with VFO B for an opening or clamp on the last worked station's frequency. This to me is what CW Skimmer is about.....help us here Alex.

      Thanks, Jim w8wy

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Tobias Wellnitz <tobias.wellnitz@...> wrote:

      > Hey Alex,
      >
      > in the latest version of Win-Test (4.4), Olivier F5MZN implemented a
      > direct interface to OmniRig.
      > Finally, CW-Skimmer and Win-Test can talk to the radio on the same COM-port.
      >
      > There is just a little detail: A couple cw-skimmer users have tapped
      > the softrock-if to the second VFO instead of the first VFO. On the
      > FT1000MP this allows us to bypass filters and monitor a larger portion
      > of the band). The issue is, that CW-Skimmer always retrieves the
      > frequency information from the first VFO which causes some trouble if
      > the SDR is tapped to the second VFO.
      >
      > Do you think it would be possible to include a switch in the
      > CW-Skimmer settings which let's us select the source of the frequency
      > information (either VFOA or VFOB) ?
      >
      > Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to solve this within the .ini of OmniRig.
      >
      > Thanks a lot,
      >
      > 73 Toby
      > http://www.dh1tw.de

    • Tobias Wellnitz
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29, 2010
        Hey Alex,

        it took me some time, but today I wrote a detailed post why it would
        be handy to select VFO-A OR VFO-B as a frequency source in CW-Skimmer.
        Mainly it's a problem for all contesters which are using, Skimmer,
        Win-Test and having an SDR in the second receiver. I also tried to
        explain in this post why IMO it does not help to change the .ini file
        of Omni-Rig. I would be grateful if you could have a look over it. It
        does not require more than 5 minutes reading it.

        http://www.dh1tw.de/cw-skimmer-and-win-test

        Thanks & best regards,
        Tobias
        EA4/DH1TW