Re: [dxatlas] Re:CAT issue?

  • Jerry Flanders
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
      Coupled with com0com, hub4com will bridge between ports while
      interconnecting several apps. Quirky, though.

      Jerry W4UK

      At 09:18 AM 3/1/2010, Dave Baxter wrote:
      >Hi...
      >
      >In general, even with a software serial "splitter" like Eltima's (there
      >are other good free ones about you know!) You cannot "share" a serial
      >port device (your radio) between two (or more) apps.
      >
      >Unless... You have some radio/interface management software in between,
      >such as OmniRig, that other app's can in turn connect to, and use the
      >data from that. And in turn, it keeps it's data tables updated as to
      >what the radio is doing.
      >
      >But... HRD uses it's own internal drivers, as does I suspect DX4WIN
      >(from a brief look at it's web-page) CW Skimmer I think is the only
      >one here that uses Omnirig.
      >
      >At the moment, you're asking a single user machine (your IC-7800) to be
      >a multi user device. It's all going to end in tears.
      >
      >Or, you'll have to somehow divert HRD's and DX4WIN's serial traffic, so
      >in turn they control and poll OmniRig for their data. If you have
      >Eltima's virtual serial port development tools, and a compiler of your
      >choice, you could do that I suspect. But it wont be a trivial task.
      >
      >Regards.
      >
      >Dave G0WBX.

    • Dave AA6YQ
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
        DXLab Commander provides a secondary CAT port that can be connected to
        "follow" frequency and mode directives emitted by another transceiver
        control application (like OmniRig).

        I have Commander controlling my IC-7800, and and Commander's secondary CAT
        port connected to CW Skimmer via com0com; works fine.

        73,

        Dave, AA6YQ