Re: [dxatlas] Feature request: CW-Skimmer

  • Tobias Wellnitz
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2010
      Hey Mark,

      thanks for coming back to my query. Do you use Win-Test at the same time or
      any other application using the OmniRig Engine at the same time?

      73 Toby
      http://www.dh1tw.de

      On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Mark Sihlanick <^> wrote:

      > I was able to modify the omnirig file for my k3 to swap all the vfo b and a
      > commands. This let me run a skimmer on both rcvrs. Maybe you can mod the
      > omnirig file for your configuration.
      >
      > Mark n2qr

    • jim_w8wy
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
        I agree..."Do you think it would be possible to include a switch in the CW-Skimmer settings which let's us select the source of the frequency information (either VFOA or VFOB) ?" I'm a new user of CW Skimmer and currently use the 'radio' mode with a FT-2000D and DXLab's Commander, which now interoperates with CW Skimmer (thanks Dave AA6YQ). As limiting as the 'radio' mode is, I can fine tune the DX station with VFO A and and scan the split range with VFO B for an opening or clamp on the last worked station's frequency. This to me is what CW Skimmer is about.....help us here Alex.

        Thanks, Jim w8wy

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Tobias Wellnitz <tobias.wellnitz@...> wrote:

        > Hey Alex,
        >
        > in the latest version of Win-Test (4.4), Olivier F5MZN implemented a
        > direct interface to OmniRig.
        > Finally, CW-Skimmer and Win-Test can talk to the radio on the same COM-port.
        >
        > There is just a little detail: A couple cw-skimmer users have tapped
        > the softrock-if to the second VFO instead of the first VFO. On the
        > FT1000MP this allows us to bypass filters and monitor a larger portion
        > of the band). The issue is, that CW-Skimmer always retrieves the
        > frequency information from the first VFO which causes some trouble if
        > the SDR is tapped to the second VFO.
        >
        > Do you think it would be possible to include a switch in the
        > CW-Skimmer settings which let's us select the source of the frequency
        > information (either VFOA or VFOB) ?
        >
        > Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to solve this within the .ini of OmniRig.
        >
        > Thanks a lot,
        >
        > 73 Toby
        > http://www.dh1tw.de

      • Tobias Wellnitz
        Message 3 of 5 , May 29, 2010
          Hey Alex,

          it took me some time, but today I wrote a detailed post why it would
          be handy to select VFO-A OR VFO-B as a frequency source in CW-Skimmer.
          Mainly it's a problem for all contesters which are using, Skimmer,
          Win-Test and having an SDR in the second receiver. I also tried to
          explain in this post why IMO it does not help to change the .ini file
          of Omni-Rig. I would be grateful if you could have a look over it. It
          does not require more than 5 minutes reading it.

          http://www.dh1tw.de/cw-skimmer-and-win-test

          Thanks & best regards,
          Tobias
          EA4/DH1TW