RE: [dxatlas] Feature request: CW-Skimmer

  • Mark Sihlanick
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2010
      I was able to modify the omnirig file for my k3 to swap all the vfo b and a commands. This let me run a skimmer on both rcvrs. Maybe you can mod the omnirig file for your configuration.

      Mark n2qr

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 25, 2010
        Hey Mark,

        thanks for coming back to my query. Do you use Win-Test at the same time or
        any other application using the OmniRig Engine at the same time?

        73 Toby
        http://www.dh1tw.de

        On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Mark Sihlanick <^> wrote:

        > I was able to modify the omnirig file for my k3 to swap all the vfo b and a
        > commands. This let me run a skimmer on both rcvrs. Maybe you can mod the
        > omnirig file for your configuration.
        >
        > Mark n2qr

      • jim_w8wy
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
          I agree..."Do you think it would be possible to include a switch in the CW-Skimmer settings which let's us select the source of the frequency information (either VFOA or VFOB) ?" I'm a new user of CW Skimmer and currently use the 'radio' mode with a FT-2000D and DXLab's Commander, which now interoperates with CW Skimmer (thanks Dave AA6YQ). As limiting as the 'radio' mode is, I can fine tune the DX station with VFO A and and scan the split range with VFO B for an opening or clamp on the last worked station's frequency. This to me is what CW Skimmer is about.....help us here Alex.

          Thanks, Jim w8wy

          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Tobias Wellnitz <tobias.wellnitz@...> wrote:

          > Hey Alex,
          >
          > in the latest version of Win-Test (4.4), Olivier F5MZN implemented a
          > direct interface to OmniRig.
          > Finally, CW-Skimmer and Win-Test can talk to the radio on the same COM-port.
          >
          > There is just a little detail: A couple cw-skimmer users have tapped
          > the softrock-if to the second VFO instead of the first VFO. On the
          > FT1000MP this allows us to bypass filters and monitor a larger portion
          > of the band). The issue is, that CW-Skimmer always retrieves the
          > frequency information from the first VFO which causes some trouble if
          > the SDR is tapped to the second VFO.
          >
          > Do you think it would be possible to include a switch in the
          > CW-Skimmer settings which let's us select the source of the frequency
          > information (either VFOA or VFOB) ?
          >
          > Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to solve this within the .ini of OmniRig.
          >
          > Thanks a lot,
          >
          > 73 Toby
          > http://www.dh1tw.de

        • Tobias Wellnitz
          Message 4 of 5 , May 29, 2010
            Hey Alex,

            it took me some time, but today I wrote a detailed post why it would
            be handy to select VFO-A OR VFO-B as a frequency source in CW-Skimmer.
            Mainly it's a problem for all contesters which are using, Skimmer,
            Win-Test and having an SDR in the second receiver. I also tried to
            explain in this post why IMO it does not help to change the .ini file
            of Omni-Rig. I would be grateful if you could have a look over it. It
            does not require more than 5 minutes reading it.

            http://www.dh1tw.de/cw-skimmer-and-win-test

            Thanks & best regards,
            Tobias
            EA4/DH1TW