Skimmer Server 1.5 and CPU Load

  • k9wms
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2010
      Hello Everyone!

      Recently got involved with setting up Skimmer Server with a QS1R receiver. For now, it is being run by a 3.0 MHz, 1Mb computer. The processor is a P4 with XP Pro, but Skimmer Server makes it look like a Dual-Core or Dual Processor machine. That's OK and running 2 threads works nicely.

      While looking at the Performance page in Task Manager, it seems that Skimmer Server never uses the pagefile system. Is that correct? The processor load runs around 90% when the bands are active (contest) and I am wondering if that number would decrease if we increased the the amount of memory? It would appear that not all of the 1Mb of memory is ever used, so I am not sure about going to 2 Mb.

      From what I've read, Server would seem to run nicely on a dual or quad-core machine. Is Skimmer Server capable of using the XP Pro symetrical processing available in dual and quad-core machines?

      Thanks and 73,
      Dennis/K9WMS