My radio is sending up 1 Mhz then it should be

  • kc2lsd
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2010
      Group I need help. I have the ICom 756 Pro ll and I am running CW Skimmer Vrs1.4. I was testing the program yesterday and found the following. With my radio on 14.020 I began to send 599 599. I noticed that the program decoded me on 14.021. I never noticed this before. The program read 14.020 in the upper right corner, the green triangle is on 14.020 but every time I send 599 599 it decodes me up1.
      Lastly does the DSP work with my radio.

      Thanks
      Cody Kc2lsd
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2010
        Are you using it with the audio from your radio? Did you set the CW
        Pitch? The green triangle denotes where your radio must be tuned in
        order to have the audio beat note at that frequency.

        73, Pete N4ZR
        Visit the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

        On 2/17/2010 7:12 PM, kc2lsd wrote:
        > Group I need help. I have the ICom 756 Pro ll and I am running CW Skimmer Vrs1.4. I was testing the program yesterday and found the following. With my radio on 14.020 I began to send 599 599. I noticed that the program decoded me on 14.021. I never noticed this before. The program read 14.020 in the upper right corner, the green triangle is on 14.020 but every time I send 599 599 it decodes me up1.
        > Lastly does the DSP work with my radio.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Cody Kc2lsd

      • Cody
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2010
          Thank you for your input. I appears I had a few setting wrong. My radio breeds to be on CW-R. I now have both the radio and program set to a pitch of 900. Also I had to shut off the AGC and change the main/sub frequency. I heard a station call on 7.025 say up one,I saw his 599 on 7.026. I click his 599 my radio and program shifted and I got him first call.
          I think all is good.
          I try so more later today

          73, Cody Kc2lsd

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com