Re: [dxatlas] Re: CW Skimmer: Clicking on the dot tunes the rig in the opposite direction

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 15, 2010
      To be sure I'm not misunderstanding - TX4T is on 1830. You click on his
      decoder circle, and your radio jumps to what frequency? 14232 1845
      etc. totally random, or are they all on 160 or?

      73, Pete N4ZR
      Visit the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
      The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 15, 2010
        The arrow and the green filter window are only relevant to what is heard
        when the audio output is on, and what appears in the lower decoder
        window. You can see the decoder output of any stream by mouse-clicking it.

        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

        On 2/15/2010 3:30 AM, SM0YPT wrote:
        > Yes Pete, that´s what I mean.
        >
        > Only one out of ten tunes to the correct frequency when I click on the circle. My feeling is also that it works only (one out of ten) when the rig is in CWR mode and when the signal is relatively close to the green arrow. You never know for sure what´s will happen when when you click on the circle, most of the time the signal on the waterfall just disappear up or down, out of sight. The circle to the right moves to the green arrow alright though.
        >
        > Also, I can´t figure out the real meaning of the scale. If the DX is listening one up I expect to see the pileup one up from the green arrow. But no, I do not.
        >
        > What could possibly be wrong ?
        > 73 de Goran SM4YPT
        >

        > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith<n4zr@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Goran, do you literally mean that it randomly tunes to various
        >> frequencies, and only occasionally to the correct one?
        >>
        >> 73, Pete N4ZR
        >> Visit the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
        >> The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
        >> The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net
        >>

        >> On 2/14/2010 2:49 PM, SM0YPT wrote:
        >>
        >>> Struggling with the same behavior on an IC-706. I try both CW and CWR and only randomly the rig tunes on the right frequency. I have even tried to install CWS on an other computer in the hope to have this behavior corrected, but same result. What could possibly be wrong here?
        >>> Göran, SM4YPT

      • SM0YPT
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 15, 2010
          Pete, I am doing some practical tests right now on 14 MHz.

          First test: HB9DAX is sending CQ on 14015.60, rig is tuned to 14014.63. When I click on the yellow decoder circle HB9DAX moves to the green arrow, BUT disappears in the water fall and the decoding stops.

          Next test: LZ1KFM is CQ-ing on 14016.2, rig tuned to 14015. I click on the green decoder circle and LZ1KFM moves nicely to the green arrow and the decoding goes on as it should, bingo.

          Third test: Strong signal coming in on 14006.8, rig tuned to 14005. Click on yellow decoder circle and signal goes to where it can´t be seen.

          Fourth test: RN3QN is strong on 14026.2, rig tuned on 14025.2. Click on yellow circle and signal disappears. I search for it and find it again on 14024.9, a bit lower where I expected it to be.

          Seems to work OK only when he decoder circle is green (which means?), which it rarely is.

          73 de Goran, SM4YPT

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 15, 2010
            Hi Goran - that is really quite amazing. I have not seen it before.
            I'm not currently set up to use regular
            skimmer (requires different driver for the QS1R server) but will try to
            duplicate this later today. Which version of Skimmer are you using?
            Have you tried reverting to an earlier one (1.4 appears to be stable)?

            The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

            On 2/15/2010 9:30 AM, SM0YPT wrote:
            > Pete, I am doing some practical tests right now on 14 MHz.
            >
            > First test: HB9DAX is sending CQ on 14015.60, rig is tuned to 14014.63. When I click on the yellow decoder circle HB9DAX moves to the green arrow, BUT disappears in the water fall and the decoding stops.
            >
            > Next test: LZ1KFM is CQ-ing on 14016.2, rig tuned to 14015. I click on the green decoder circle and LZ1KFM moves nicely to the green arrow and the decoding goes on as it should, bingo.
            >
            > Third test: Strong signal coming in on 14006.8, rig tuned to 14005. Click on yellow decoder circle and signal goes to where it can´t be seen.
            >
            > Fourth test: RN3QN is strong on 14026.2, rig tuned on 14025.2. Click on yellow circle and signal disappears. I search for it and find it again on 14024.9, a bit lower where I expected it to be.
            >
            > Seems to work OK only when he decoder circle is green (which means?), which it rarely is.
            >
            > 73 de Goran, SM4YPT
            >

            > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith<n4zr@...> wrote:
            >
            >> To be sure I'm not misunderstanding - TX4T is on 1830. You click on his
            >> decoder circle, and your radio jumps to what frequency? 14232 1845
            >> etc. totally random, or are they all on 160 or?
            >>
            >> 73, Pete N4ZR
            >> Visit the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
            >> The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
            >> The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net
            >>

            >> On 2/15/2010 3:30 AM, SM0YPT wrote:
            >>
            >>> Yes Pete, that´s what I mean.
            >>>
            >>> Only one out of ten tunes to the correct frequency when I click on the circle. My feeling is also that it works only (one out of ten) when the rig is in CWR mode and when the signal is relatively close to the green arrow. You never know for sure what´s will happen when when you click on the circle, most of the time the signal on the waterfall just disappear up or down, out of sight. The circle to the right moves to the green arrow alright though.
            >>>
            >>> Also, I can´t figure out the real meaning of the scale. If the DX is listening one up I expect to see the pileup one up from the green arrow. But no, I do not.
            >>>
            >>> What could possibly be wrong ?
            >>> 73 de Goran SM4YPT

          • SM0YPT
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 15, 2010
              Using 1.5. Ver 1.4 was the same. Have along the way tried different computers, different CWS installations, CW and CWR on IC-706 -- always this peculiar behavior.
              73, Goran SM4YPT