Skimmer with a Perseus.wav file?

  • Don Moman VE6JY
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2010
      I haven't seen this particular way of using Perseus with the skimmer
      software mentioned anywhere else so I need to ask: I wish to use the
      wideband decode feature to display a previously recorded Perseus .wav file.
      This is for a local dx show and tell (on Saturday), I have a wideband
      recording of some of the great 2009 CW160 weekend conditions and I thought
      it would be very effective to display it in this way. I have skimmer and
      Perseus working in the normal sense fine, no issues there - but once perseus
      is started there is no way to access it to change it to playback mode.

      Any ideas? shortcuts/trickery? This would seem like a good way to demo the
      software so people can see how it works on a full band.

      Thanks, Don
      VE6JY

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2010
        Hi Don,

        Perseus must be stopped before CW Skimmer can play back a recording. In
        fact, the radio is not required at all in the playback mode. Please see the
        Help file for the instructions how to play back wav files.

        CW Skimmer can play back the recordings made at one of the supported
        sampling rates: 6, 24, 49, 96 or 192 kHz. If your recording has a different
        sampling rate, you have to convert it to one of the supported rates before
        you can play it back.

        Alternatively, you can use one of my recordings in your demo. The download
        links of these recordings are provided in the Overview section of the Help
        file.