Re: [dxatlas] Bandmaster and Win7

  • Frank LaFranco
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 19, 2010
      I am also having a problem running Bandmaster (V1.44) on my recently
      upgraded Windows 7 PRO (32 bit version) computer. All my other Afreet
      programs (DX Atlas, IonoProbe, CWSkimmer, HAM Cap) run fine. My computer is
      a late model Dell with i7 quad core processor running duel boot operating
      systems, Windows XP PRO (32 bit) and Win 7 PRO (32 bit). If I boot into Win
      XP PRO then Bandmaster runs fine. However, if I execute BandMaster V1.44
      under Win 7 the program never displays on the monitor screen. If I check
      the Win 7 Task Manager, Bandmaster does not show up as a running program. I
      have launched the program as Administrator but it makes no difference. If I
      remove Bandmaster 1.44 and reload version 1.42 Bandmaster will execute under
      Win 7 but none of the spots show up in either band map or spot list view.
      The program gives no error message but simply will not display spots.

      For now I run Bandmaster 1.44 under XP PRO ;-(

      73,
      Frank - W6NEK

      Brian VK1BF wrote:
      I am now running Win7 (64 bit version) and cannot get Bandmaster 1.44 to
      run. However version 1.42 runs with no problem.
      Has anybody else experienced a similar issue? (I realise Win7 not yet listed
      a a supported platform)

      Brian VK1BF
    • redding
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 19, 2010
        Hi Frank: Win7 (and I believe Vista also) has an unusual
        program security system which caused me some headscratching
        with several programs. Try this: delete the Bandmaster
        version you are running and download it again... this time
        do not download it into a program file; rather use a file
        such as C:/Bandmaster.... rather than C:/program
        files/Bandmaster. That keeps it out of the program security
        file system that I still haven't figured out. Hope this
        helps.
        73, Jerry KA8Q

        On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:50:32 -0800
        "Frank LaFranco" <flafranco@...> wrote:
        > I am also having a problem running Bandmaster (V1.44) on
        > my recently
        > upgraded Windows 7 PRO (32 bit version) computer. All my
        > other Afreet
        > programs (DX Atlas, IonoProbe, CWSkimmer, HAM Cap) run
        > fine. My computer is
        > a late model Dell with i7 quad core processor running
        > duel boot operating
        > systems, Windows XP PRO (32 bit) and Win 7 PRO (32 bit).
        > If I boot into Win
        > XP PRO then Bandmaster runs fine. However, if I execute
        > BandMaster V1.44
        > under Win 7 the program never displays on the monitor
        > screen. If I check
        > the Win 7 Task Manager, Bandmaster does not show up as a
        > running program. I
        > have launched the program as Administrator but it makes
        > no difference. If I
        > remove Bandmaster 1.44 and reload version 1.42 Bandmaster
        > will execute under
        > Win 7 but none of the spots show up in either band map or
        > spot list view.
        > The program gives no error message but simply will not
        > display spots.
        >
        > For now I run Bandmaster 1.44 under XP PRO ;-(
        >
        > 73,
        > Frank - W6NEK
        >
        > Brian VK1BF wrote:
        > I am now running Win7 (64 bit version) and cannot get
        > Bandmaster 1.44 to
        > run. However version 1.42 runs with no problem.
        > Has anybody else experienced a similar issue? (I realise
        > Win7 not yet listed
        > a a supported platform)
        >
        > Brian VK1BF

      • Frank LaFranco
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 20, 2010
          Hi Jerry,
          Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not
          help in my case. I also tried running BandMaster under Win 7, as
          administrator, in all the various compatibility modes without success.
          Strange that BandMaster runs on some Win 7 systems and not on others. Oh
          well, I'll keep using it under Win XP PRO for now.

          Thanks again,
          Frank - W6NEK

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 22, 2010
            Frank,

            Bandmaster behaves in exactly the same way on my PC. I also tried Jerry's fix but no luck. But the previous version works fine.

            Brian VK1BF