Re: [dxatlas] Ionoprobe storm alerts

  • James Streible
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 19, 2010
      Thanks Alex, We learn something new everyday.

      Jim K4DLI

      Alex, VE3NEA wrote:

      > Hi Pete,
      >
      > The alerts on the Day tab are the official alerts produced by NOAA
      > every 3
      > hours. If all hell breaks loose, they will stay green until NOAA
      > decides to
      > issue an alert. The 3-hour update period is adequate for geomagnetic and
      > solar radiation alerts, but radio blackouts last for only a few
      > minutes to
      > an hour, and the official alerts may announce them long after they ended.
      > IonoProbe has its own, real-time radio blackout alert system based on the
      > actual X-Ray data, these alerts change the color of the icon in real time.

      > >I just don't see how it can display G0/S0/R0 for both the last and the
      > > coming 24 hours, and yet show red in the systray.
      > >
      > > 73, Pete N4ZR
      > > Visit the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
      > <http://wiki.contesting.com>
      > > The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
      > > www.conteststations.com
      > > The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net
      > <http://reversebeacon.net>
      > >

      > > On 1/19/2010 9:39 AM, Ted Roycraft wrote:
      > >> See the x-ray flux in the 'Week' tab near the bottom of the display.
      > >>
      > >> Ted

      > background of
      > blackout, but
      > storm is

      > <http://wiki.contesting.com>

      > <http://wiki.contesting.com><http://wiki.contesting.com
      > <http://wiki.contesting.com>>>
      > <http://reversebeacon.net>

      > <http://reversebeacon.net><http://reversebeacon.net
      > <http://reversebeacon.net>>>

    • Jim Smith
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 19, 2010
        Hah, I was just reading this when my speakers honked at me. Never
        heard them do that before. Ionoprobe just turned red. M1.2 flare

        73, Jim VE7FO

        Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
        > Hi Pete,
        >
        > The alerts on the Day tab are the official alerts produced by NOAA every 3
        > hours. If all hell breaks loose, they will stay green until NOAA decides to
        > issue an alert. The 3-hour update period is adequate for geomagnetic and
        > solar radiation alerts, but radio blackouts last for only a few minutes to
        > an hour, and the official alerts may announce them long after they ended.
        > IonoProbe has its own, real-time radio blackout alert system based on the
        > actual X-Ray data, these alerts change the color of the icon in real time.

        >> I just don't see how it can display G0/S0/R0 for both the last and the
        >> coming 24 hours, and yet show red in the systray.
        >>
        >> 73, Pete N4ZR
        >> Visit the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
        >> The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
        >> www.conteststations.com
        >> The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net
        >>

        >> On 1/19/2010 9:39 AM, Ted Roycraft wrote:
        >>> See the x-ray flux in the 'Week' tab near the bottom of the display.
        >>>
        >>> Ted

      • Dave Baxter
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 20, 2010
          Radio Blackout?

          My Faros status pages show much the oposite! Everything is positively
          lively at the moment. Of course, what happens later is always sort of
          unknown.

          http://g8kbv.homeip.net:8008

          73.

          Dave G0WBX