Re: [dxatlas] Bandmaster and Win7

  • redding
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 15, 2010
      Hi Brian: I'm running Bandmaster 1.44 on Win7, 64 bit,
      without any problems. Make certain you're running it as
      Administrator.

      Cheers, Jerry KA8Q

      On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:06:46 -0000
      "vk1bf" <vk1bf@...> wrote:
      > I am now running Win7 (64 bit version) and cannot get
      > Bandmaster 1.44 to run. However version 1.42 runs with
      > no problem.
      >
      > Has anybody else experienced a similar issue? (I realise
      > Win7 not yet listed a a supported platform)
      >
      > Brian VK1BF

    • Stuart
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 15, 2010
        I tried to run Bandmaster 1.44 with Windows 7 32 bit, and got a popup saying
        Omnirig had stopped working. I went back to 1.42, and that one runs fine.
        Any ideas?

        Stuart, GD0OUD

      • Frank LaFranco
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 19, 2010
          I am also having a problem running Bandmaster (V1.44) on my recently
          upgraded Windows 7 PRO (32 bit version) computer. All my other Afreet
          programs (DX Atlas, IonoProbe, CWSkimmer, HAM Cap) run fine. My computer is
          a late model Dell with i7 quad core processor running duel boot operating
          systems, Windows XP PRO (32 bit) and Win 7 PRO (32 bit). If I boot into Win
          XP PRO then Bandmaster runs fine. However, if I execute BandMaster V1.44
          under Win 7 the program never displays on the monitor screen. If I check
          the Win 7 Task Manager, Bandmaster does not show up as a running program. I
          have launched the program as Administrator but it makes no difference. If I
          remove Bandmaster 1.44 and reload version 1.42 Bandmaster will execute under
          Win 7 but none of the spots show up in either band map or spot list view.
          The program gives no error message but simply will not display spots.

          For now I run Bandmaster 1.44 under XP PRO ;-(

          73,
          Frank - W6NEK

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 19, 2010
            Hi Frank: Win7 (and I believe Vista also) has an unusual
            program security system which caused me some headscratching
            with several programs. Try this: delete the Bandmaster
            version you are running and download it again... this time
            do not download it into a program file; rather use a file
            such as C:/Bandmaster.... rather than C:/program
            files/Bandmaster. That keeps it out of the program security
            file system that I still haven't figured out. Hope this
            helps.
            73, Jerry KA8Q

            On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:50:32 -0800
            "Frank LaFranco" <flafranco@...> wrote:
            > I am also having a problem running Bandmaster (V1.44) on
            > my recently
            > upgraded Windows 7 PRO (32 bit version) computer. All my
            > other Afreet
            > programs (DX Atlas, IonoProbe, CWSkimmer, HAM Cap) run
            > fine. My computer is
            > a late model Dell with i7 quad core processor running
            > duel boot operating
            > systems, Windows XP PRO (32 bit) and Win 7 PRO (32 bit).
            > If I boot into Win
            > XP PRO then Bandmaster runs fine. However, if I execute
            > BandMaster V1.44
            > under Win 7 the program never displays on the monitor
            > screen. If I check
            > the Win 7 Task Manager, Bandmaster does not show up as a
            > running program. I
            > have launched the program as Administrator but it makes
            > no difference. If I
            > remove Bandmaster 1.44 and reload version 1.42 Bandmaster
            > will execute under
            > Win 7 but none of the spots show up in either band map or
            > spot list view.
            > The program gives no error message but simply will not
            > display spots.
            >
            > For now I run Bandmaster 1.44 under XP PRO ;-(
            >
            > 73,
            > Frank - W6NEK
            >
            > Brian VK1BF wrote:
            > I am now running Win7 (64 bit version) and cannot get
            > Bandmaster 1.44 to
            > run. However version 1.42 runs with no problem.
            > Has anybody else experienced a similar issue? (I realise
            > Win7 not yet listed
            > a a supported platform)
            >
            > Brian VK1BF

          • Frank LaFranco
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 20, 2010
              Hi Jerry,
              Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not
              help in my case. I also tried running BandMaster under Win 7, as
              administrator, in all the various compatibility modes without success.
              Strange that BandMaster runs on some Win 7 systems and not on others. Oh
              well, I'll keep using it under Win XP PRO for now.

              Thanks again,
              Frank - W6NEK

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 22, 2010
                Frank,

                Bandmaster behaves in exactly the same way on my PC. I also tried Jerry's fix but no luck. But the previous version works fine.

                Brian VK1BF