Bandmaster and Win7

  • vk1bf
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 15, 2010
      I am now running Win7 (64 bit version) and cannot get Bandmaster 1.44 to run. However version 1.42 runs with no problem.

      Has anybody else experienced a similar issue? (I realise Win7 not yet listed a a supported platform)

      Brian VK1BF
    • Wes Cosand
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 15, 2010
        On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 6:06 AM, vk1bf <vk1bf@...> wrote:

        > I am now running Win7 (64 bit version) and cannot get Bandmaster 1.44 to
        > run. However version 1.42 runs with no problem.
        >
        > Has anybody else experienced a similar issue? (I realise Win7 not yet
        > listed a a supported platform)
        >
        > Brian VK1BF

        Seems to run just fine here. It isn't linked to a radio, though.
        Wes, WZ7I

      • redding
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 15, 2010
          Hi Brian: I'm running Bandmaster 1.44 on Win7, 64 bit,
          without any problems. Make certain you're running it as
          Administrator.

          Cheers, Jerry KA8Q

          On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:06:46 -0000
          "vk1bf" <vk1bf@...> wrote:
          > I am now running Win7 (64 bit version) and cannot get
          > Bandmaster 1.44 to run. However version 1.42 runs with
          > no problem.
          >
          > Has anybody else experienced a similar issue? (I realise
          > Win7 not yet listed a a supported platform)
          >
          > Brian VK1BF

        • Stuart
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 15, 2010
            I tried to run Bandmaster 1.44 with Windows 7 32 bit, and got a popup saying
            Omnirig had stopped working. I went back to 1.42, and that one runs fine.
            Any ideas?

            Stuart, GD0OUD

          • Frank LaFranco
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 19, 2010
              I am also having a problem running Bandmaster (V1.44) on my recently
              upgraded Windows 7 PRO (32 bit version) computer. All my other Afreet
              programs (DX Atlas, IonoProbe, CWSkimmer, HAM Cap) run fine. My computer is
              a late model Dell with i7 quad core processor running duel boot operating
              systems, Windows XP PRO (32 bit) and Win 7 PRO (32 bit). If I boot into Win
              XP PRO then Bandmaster runs fine. However, if I execute BandMaster V1.44
              under Win 7 the program never displays on the monitor screen. If I check
              the Win 7 Task Manager, Bandmaster does not show up as a running program. I
              have launched the program as Administrator but it makes no difference. If I
              remove Bandmaster 1.44 and reload version 1.42 Bandmaster will execute under
              Win 7 but none of the spots show up in either band map or spot list view.
              The program gives no error message but simply will not display spots.

              For now I run Bandmaster 1.44 under XP PRO ;-(

              73,
              Frank - W6NEK

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 19, 2010
                Hi Frank: Win7 (and I believe Vista also) has an unusual
                program security system which caused me some headscratching
                with several programs. Try this: delete the Bandmaster
                version you are running and download it again... this time
                do not download it into a program file; rather use a file
                such as C:/Bandmaster.... rather than C:/program
                files/Bandmaster. That keeps it out of the program security
                file system that I still haven't figured out. Hope this
                helps.
                73, Jerry KA8Q

                On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:50:32 -0800
                "Frank LaFranco" <flafranco@...> wrote:
                > I am also having a problem running Bandmaster (V1.44) on
                > my recently
                > upgraded Windows 7 PRO (32 bit version) computer. All my
                > other Afreet
                > programs (DX Atlas, IonoProbe, CWSkimmer, HAM Cap) run
                > fine. My computer is
                > a late model Dell with i7 quad core processor running
                > duel boot operating
                > systems, Windows XP PRO (32 bit) and Win 7 PRO (32 bit).
                > If I boot into Win
                > XP PRO then Bandmaster runs fine. However, if I execute
                > BandMaster V1.44
                > under Win 7 the program never displays on the monitor
                > screen. If I check
                > the Win 7 Task Manager, Bandmaster does not show up as a
                > running program. I
                > have launched the program as Administrator but it makes
                > no difference. If I
                > remove Bandmaster 1.44 and reload version 1.42 Bandmaster
                > will execute under
                > Win 7 but none of the spots show up in either band map or
                > spot list view.
                > The program gives no error message but simply will not
                > display spots.
                >
                > For now I run Bandmaster 1.44 under XP PRO ;-(
                >
                > 73,
                > Frank - W6NEK
                >
                > Brian VK1BF wrote:
                > I am now running Win7 (64 bit version) and cannot get
                > Bandmaster 1.44 to
                > run. However version 1.42 runs with no problem.
                > Has anybody else experienced a similar issue? (I realise
                > Win7 not yet listed
                > a a supported platform)
                >
                > Brian VK1BF

              • Frank LaFranco
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 20, 2010
                  Hi Jerry,
                  Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not
                  help in my case. I also tried running BandMaster under Win 7, as
                  administrator, in all the various compatibility modes without success.
                  Strange that BandMaster runs on some Win 7 systems and not on others. Oh
                  well, I'll keep using it under Win XP PRO for now.

                  Thanks again,
                  Frank - W6NEK

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 22, 2010
                    Frank,

                    Bandmaster behaves in exactly the same way on my PC. I also tried Jerry's fix but no luck. But the previous version works fine.

                    Brian VK1BF