Re: [dxatlas] Antenna recommendation for Quicksilver/Skimmer setup

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
      I am currently using a Clifton Laboratories active vertical 8 feet
      tall. Works FB with a 20 dB preamp between it and the QS1R, which is a
      little light on sensitivity on the higher bands.

      73, Pete N4ZR
      Visit the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
      The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

      On 1/12/2010 12:32 PM, Neal Campbell wrote:
      > Hi guys
      >
      > As soon as I can save up for the Quicksilver rx, I will be putting up a
      > 6band skimmer node for our local contest group. I wondered what antennas
      > people who were running this setup were using?
      >
      > 73
      > Neal Campbell
      > Abroham Neal Software
      > www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
      > (540) 645 5394 NEW PHONE NUMBER
      >
      > Amateur Radio: K3NC
      > Blog: http://www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/blog/
      > DXBase bug reports: email to cases@...
      > Abroham Neal forums: http:/www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/community/

    • Wes Cosand
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
        On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Neal Campbell <nealk3nc@...> wrote:

        > Hi guys
        >
        > As soon as I can save up for the Quicksilver rx, I will be putting up a
        > 6band skimmer node for our local contest group. I wondered what antennas
        > people who were running this setup were using?
        >
        > 73
        > Neal Campbell
        >
        > I am using the HyGain HyTower Junior vertical. Seems to work OK. I am
        using a 10 db amp between the antenna and the QS1R. You can judge its
        performance by logging onto cw.wz7i.com, port 7300. Software is set for "CQ
        Only" and "Aggressive" filtering

        Wes, WZ7I