Antenna recommendation for Quicksilver/Skimmer setup

  • Neal Campbell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
      Hi guys

      As soon as I can save up for the Quicksilver rx, I will be putting up a
      6band skimmer node for our local contest group. I wondered what antennas
      people who were running this setup were using?

      73
      Neal Campbell
      Abroham Neal Software
      www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
      (540) 645 5394 NEW PHONE NUMBER

      Amateur Radio: K3NC
      Blog: http://www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/blog/
      DXBase bug reports: email to cases@...
      Abroham Neal forums: http:/www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/community/

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
        I am currently using a Clifton Laboratories active vertical 8 feet
        tall. Works FB with a 20 dB preamp between it and the QS1R, which is a
        little light on sensitivity on the higher bands.

        73, Pete N4ZR
        Visit the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

        On 1/12/2010 12:32 PM, Neal Campbell wrote:
        > Hi guys
        >
        > As soon as I can save up for the Quicksilver rx, I will be putting up a
        > 6band skimmer node for our local contest group. I wondered what antennas
        > people who were running this setup were using?
        >
        > 73
        > Neal Campbell
        > Abroham Neal Software
        > www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
        > (540) 645 5394 NEW PHONE NUMBER
        >
        > Amateur Radio: K3NC
        > Blog: http://www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/blog/
        > DXBase bug reports: email to cases@...
        > Abroham Neal forums: http:/www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/community/

      • Wes Cosand
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
          On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Neal Campbell <nealk3nc@...> wrote:

          > Hi guys
          >
          > As soon as I can save up for the Quicksilver rx, I will be putting up a
          > 6band skimmer node for our local contest group. I wondered what antennas
          > people who were running this setup were using?
          >
          > 73
          > Neal Campbell
          >
          > I am using the HyGain HyTower Junior vertical. Seems to work OK. I am
          using a 10 db amp between the antenna and the QS1R. You can judge its
          performance by logging onto cw.wz7i.com, port 7300. Software is set for "CQ
          Only" and "Aggressive" filtering

          Wes, WZ7I