Re: [dxatlas] RigSync/ Zero beat

  • obrienaj
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 10, 2010

      > You will find that when running a separate radio Skimmer can be set up
      > to control your radio, such that when you move the green demodulator box
      > onto a signal stream, it will send the frequency of that stream to your
      > radio. The streams are only 50 Hz wide, so that is plenty tight. The
      > secret is an application by Ed, W2RF, called Rigsync. It is freeware
      > and you can easily Google for the download. It is a little tricky to
      > set up, but once it's done, it's great.

      Thanks Pete. I have set RigSync so that it is reading VFO A and B from my TS2000. Just need SDR to arrive and I can move on to the next stage.

      Andy K3UK
    • obrienaj
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 10, 2010

        > Hi Andy,
        >
        > If you are using CW Skimmer with TS-2000, you have to switch the radio to
        > the CW mode and enter the correct CW Pitch value in the Settings dialog.
        > This will ensure that you transmit exactly on the same frequency as you
        > receive. You can then click on the callsign label on the Skimmer band map,
        > or on the signal trace on the waterfall display, and start calling that
        > station.

        My TS2000 had a pitch setting that differed from CW Skimmer's default by 200 Hz. Enough to upset my ear. With the two matched, I seem to be very close to zero beat whenever needed.

        Thanks for the tip.

        Andy K3UK