Re: [dxatlas] etting adjustment ?/ Zero beat

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 10, 2010
      Hi Andy,

      If you are using CW Skimmer with TS-2000, you have to switch the radio to
      the CW mode and enter the correct CW Pitch value in the Settings dialog.
      This will ensure that you transmit exactly on the same frequency as you
      receive. You can then click on the callsign label on the Skimmer band map,
      or on the signal trace on the waterfall display, and start calling that
      station.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 10, 2010
        Thanks Alex.

        > Hi Andy,
        >
        > If you are using CW Skimmer with TS-2000, you have to switch the radio to
        > the CW mode and enter the correct CW Pitch value in the Settings dialog.
      • obrienaj
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 10, 2010

          > You will find that when running a separate radio Skimmer can be set up
          > to control your radio, such that when you move the green demodulator box
          > onto a signal stream, it will send the frequency of that stream to your
          > radio. The streams are only 50 Hz wide, so that is plenty tight. The
          > secret is an application by Ed, W2RF, called Rigsync. It is freeware
          > and you can easily Google for the download. It is a little tricky to
          > set up, but once it's done, it's great.

          Thanks Pete. I have set RigSync so that it is reading VFO A and B from my TS2000. Just need SDR to arrive and I can move on to the next stage.

          Andy K3UK
        • obrienaj
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 10, 2010

            > Hi Andy,
            >
            > If you are using CW Skimmer with TS-2000, you have to switch the radio to
            > the CW mode and enter the correct CW Pitch value in the Settings dialog.
            > This will ensure that you transmit exactly on the same frequency as you
            > receive. You can then click on the callsign label on the Skimmer band map,
            > or on the signal trace on the waterfall display, and start calling that
            > station.

            My TS2000 had a pitch setting that differed from CW Skimmer's default by 200 Hz. Enough to upset my ear. With the two matched, I seem to be very close to zero beat whenever needed.

            Thanks for the tip.

            Andy K3UK