DX Bulletin Reader - enhancement request

  • Michael G. Carper
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2010
      Alex,

      I'd like to suggest a minor enhancement request for the DX Bulletin Reader
      to enable some users to automate the population of bulletins into the
      reader. Today, it's a manual process of copy/paste or drag/drop from email
      or webpages.

      Use case scenario:

      The users email client (Outlook, etc) can configure rules in such a way
      that:

      . when any email arrives from 425eng@... with [425ENG] in the
      subject, then

      . save a copy of that email in text format in a particular folder

      If that folder is one where DX Bulletin Reader finds bulletins, then the
      process of getting bulletins into the reader is automated by this.

      I've tested this myself by saving a copy of the email (as described above)
      into the "archive" folder. This works - but - the process of parsing the
      text to find the bulletin ID is not completed in this way. Therefore, the
      bulletin shows in the list, but has the full name of the text file. That's
      not a big deal for me - but one thing to consider.

      Mike, WA9PIE

    • Michael G. Carper
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2010
        On a semi-related note.

        Anyone know how to remove unwanted bulletins?

        Mike, WA9PIE

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2010
          This is what you can do to delete unwanted bulletins in Windows XP:

          1. Go to "My Computer".
          2. Click on the hard drive where you keep the DX Bulletin program.
          (Probably C Drive)
          3. Click on program Files.
          4. Click on the folder "Afreet".
          5. Click on the folder "BullRead"
          6. Click on "Archive".
          7. This will list all of your bulletins. It's best viewed in "list
          format".
          8. Select the bulletins you do not want and click "delete this file".

          I am sorry, but this is the only way I know to delete old bulletins. If
          any one has a shorter method please share.

          73, Charles, N2SO
        • Michael G. Carper
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2010
            Thanks, Charles.