CW Skimmer

  • Yves
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 6, 2010
      Hi

      I have installed cw skimmer in demo version under windows 7.
      CW SKIMMER does not work. Not compatible with Win 7 I suppose.
      I am not sure and wait your opinions
      Best 73's ...F5SZY
    • PT2CC Yahoo
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 11, 2010
        Hi guys,
        There is a way to send Call Sign and Band/Frequency from CW Skimmer to the contact software catalogue like DX4Win or any other?
        If not, how can I register (automatic way) the QSOs, please? I will need to fill manually all data? Any ideas?

        Thanks from PT2CC Mac
      • Steve Ellington
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 11, 2010
          Yes. You can setup your logging software's telnet to receive updates from cwskimmer. Use address 'localhost' port 7300.
          It will then show all your calls in your dxspot window. You can extract data from QRZ to populate the log. I use Logger32 for doing this and it works fine.

          Steve

          There is a way to send Call Sign and Band/Frequency from CW Skimmer to the contact software catalogue like DX4Win or any other?
          If not, how can I register (automatic way) the QSOs, please? I will need to fill manually all data? Any ideas?

          Thanks from PT2CC Mac

        • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 12, 2010
            I was seen “Introduction to CW Skimmer, by Pete Smith N4ZR” and he explain
            how to set DX4Win to get

            On DX4Win – Preferences - Packet1 – Cluster interface set to:

            Type: Regular

            COM PORT: TCP/IP

            Message handshake: “Skimmer>Skimmer,localhost:7300”

            Baud Rate: 9600

            Flow Control: None

            Data/Parity: 8 bits/no parity

            On CW Skimmer Agregator only follow the installation instructions and do not
            forget to let the same Port 7300.

            I do not know yet how can I get – via WEB, not via local CD or DVD data -
            QRZ data on DX4Win, but I will ask about that on DX4Win reflector.

            Many thanks Pete and 73

            from PT2CC Mac