Re: [dxatlas] Editing OmniRig INI files

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
      Hi Mike,

      The OmniRig page (http://dxatlas.com/OmniRig) has a number of tools and
      documents for those who want to edit or create new ini files. In particular,
      the file structure is described in (http://dxatlas.com/OmniRig/IniStru.txt),
      the Multiply and Add parameters are explained in Section 5.5.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
        Yep. I have poured through this and the associated tools. I still can't
        figure out how to the multiply and add functions work.

        For example.

        The Kenwood command for "Tone" is "PTxx;"; where xx is a number from 00 to
        08. So in the client, I can type PT08; (or other numbers) and that works
        great.

        However, using the following example from the Kenwood.ini:

        [pmPitch]

        Command=(PT..;)

        Value=2|2|vfText|0.02|-8

        ReplyLength=0

        This will not function in the client. I can only assume that the multiply
        and add in this example don't result in sending "PTxx;" to the radio.

        There's not enough information in the documentation (for me, at least) to
        understand what multiply and add do. so if I change them, I'm not sure what
        result will be rendered.

        Thoughts?

        Mike, WA9PIE