Editing OmniRig INI files

  • Michael G. Carper
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
      I've read the online info, but I wonder if (Alex, or) anyone can give me a
      deeper explanation about this:

      Specifically, I'm interested in knowing how the "multiply" and "add"
      parameters are used.

      Mike, WA9PIE

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
        Hi Mike,

        The OmniRig page (http://dxatlas.com/OmniRig) has a number of tools and
        documents for those who want to edit or create new ini files. In particular,
        the file structure is described in (http://dxatlas.com/OmniRig/IniStru.txt),
        the Multiply and Add parameters are explained in Section 5.5.

        > I've read the online info, but I wonder if (Alex, or) anyone can give me a
        > deeper explanation about this:

        > Specifically, I'm interested in knowing how the "multiply" and "add"
        > parameters are used.
        >

        > Mike, WA9PIE

      • Michael G. Carper
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
          Yep. I have poured through this and the associated tools. I still can't
          figure out how to the multiply and add functions work.

          For example.

          The Kenwood command for "Tone" is "PTxx;"; where xx is a number from 00 to
          08. So in the client, I can type PT08; (or other numbers) and that works
          great.

          However, using the following example from the Kenwood.ini:

          [pmPitch]

          Command=(PT..;)

          Value=2|2|vfText|0.02|-8

          ReplyLength=0

          This will not function in the client. I can only assume that the multiply
          and add in this example don't result in sending "PTxx;" to the radio.

          There's not enough information in the documentation (for me, at least) to
          understand what multiply and add do. so if I change them, I'm not sure what
          result will be rendered.

          Thoughts?

          Mike, WA9PIE