CW Skimmer 1.5

  • alshovk
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2009
      CW Skimmer 1.5 is now available at www.dxatlas.com .

      New in this version:
      - support of the Perseus radio;
      - Autostart command line option;
      - SKIMMER/AUDIOIF Telnet command;
      - color waterfall display.
    • Ron Castro
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2009
        I just finished checking out the new version 1.5 of CW Skimmer with the Perseus and the combination is spectacular! Before when I used RateMonkey to bridge between Simmer and Perseus, the CPU usage on my computer (Core II Duo 2.2 Ghz) was 70% to 100%. Now it's running only 15% at 196 kHz sample rate! Visual definition of the signals looks much better, and far few decoders are deployed for random noise as the case was before. Also, dynamic range seems to be improved and fewer calls appear to be busted.

        The real test will be in big CW contest, but for now, this looks like a major improvement for Perseus/CW Skimmer users!

        Thanks,
        Ron N6IE
        www.N6IE.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 20, 2009