RE: [dxatlas] Faros - PPS GPS Implementation

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2009
      Hi Peter- Well, you be further along with the idea and plan than I. I
      loaded Meinberg Windows and have it on my laptop (from where I'm not
      working) and running via wireless.

      I was trying to connect my other PCs to the Meinberg running on 173.14.27.85
      but never could connect. So... I am still looking at how to make Meinberg a
      time server.

      As for Faros, when I had Meinberg installed on the same machine, and the
      Delay (as seen by Faros) was 0 (zero), I lost all my stations that had been
      successfully reporting. I have to go back and redo everything to see if I
      can still receive stations, but as for now everything is really goofed up.

      Ah, the adventures of a Rookie in Time... And I don't even had a Telephone
      Booth.

      Dave Mynatt
      Program Director
      Combined Science Center
      http://sciencecenter.no-ip.org
      SID ID #S-0258
      APRS Tier II Server @ http://pueblo.aprs2.net:14501
      10 meter CW Beacon @ 28.234.5Mhz
      RMS Server: 144.950Mhz // KA0SWT-10
      Echolink Server Node: 473082 @147.480Mhz Simplex KA0SWT-L
      LAT: (38.15.49) 38.26349"N LON: (104.36.48) -104.613297"W Alt: 1460m
      DM78qg // KA0SWT