Re: [dxatlas] Skimmer spots question

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2009
      Hi Barry,

      "CQ" in the checkbox title refers to the CQ label on the bandmap. This label
      is added to the callsigns of the running stations, even if these stations do
      not send the word "CQ".

      I've got Skimmer configured to feed spots to my logging program. I'm
      finding that Skimmer is spotting not only stations calling cq, but stations
      answering cq's. Is there any control of the spotting algorithm or anything
      I can do to minimize this effect?

      I see the "do not send callsigns without cq" checkbox - I assume this means
      literally "cq", which won't work for a contest where the cq'er is more
      likely to send "test" or "ss".

      Any help or clarification is appreciated. (perhaps the extra spots are just
      part of this game)

      Tnx/73,
      Barry N1EU