Skimmer spots question

  • N1EU
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2009
      I've got Skimmer configured to feed spots to my logging program. I'm finding that Skimmer is spotting not only stations calling cq, but stations answering cq's. Is there any control of the spotting algorithm or anything I can do to minimize this effect?

      I see the "do not send callsigns without cq" checkbox - I assume this means literally "cq", which won't work for a contest where the cq'er is more likely to send "test" or "ss".

      Any help or clarification is appreciated. (perhaps the extra spots are just part of this game)

      Tnx/73,
      Barry N1EU
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2009
        Hi Barry,

        "CQ" in the checkbox title refers to the CQ label on the bandmap. This label
        is added to the callsigns of the running stations, even if these stations do
        not send the word "CQ".