issues with DX Atlas ver 2.25, HamCAP ver 1.16, and Ionoprobe ver 1.36

  • Gowynn
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2009
      Help Please...

      i have all three programs, DX Atlas and HamCAP work fine together but neither will sync with Ionoprobe all are registered and unlocked...

      HamCAP says i need version 1.11 or higher and i have the latest verion installed and registered (ver 1.36)

      DX Atlas 2.25 installed and registered will not let me choose the real time data from Ionoprobe ver 1.36 at all

      has anyone else had this problem and if so what had to be done to fix this...

      i am running windows Vista ((huge mistake))
    • John T. Fleming
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2009
        Uninstall Ionoprobe. Make a new folder called My Ham Programs or something
        like that. Then install Ionoprobe in that folder. This defeats one of the
        security measures built into Vista/Windows 7. Make sure you have a good
        anti-virus program and you should be OK.

        Vista/Windows 7 is like Unix/Linux in that the program folder which they
        call Bin in Linux does not allow programs to write data to that folder. With
        Vista/Windows 7, the data that the program thinks it writes to the program
        folder is actually in a Virtual Store area and the other programs don't know
        to look there.

        Another option is to go to the program folder for Ionoprobe and click on the
        Compatibility Files button at the top of the display. That will take you to
        the Virtual Store area. Write down that path which will be long and link the
        other programs to the folder with the Ionoprobe data and text files.

        Good luck.

        73,

        John

        _____