RE: [dxatlas] Has anyone else seen this error?

  • Dave Baxter
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 21, 2009
      Hi Mike.

      You'll have to quote with text what the error message is, as the
      Y-Groupmail logic stripped any attachment you may have sent.

      Is it the exact same message each and every time?

      Has it ever worked OK without error? If so, what has changed elsewhere
      on the PC, new app's, app's removed, changed hardware etc etc, any
      change however trivial.

      Also, what exact version of Windows are you using? As well as the exact
      versions of the associated programs your using, and what rigs, just in
      case...

      It all helps us to try to figure what's happening, or not..

      Cheers.

      Dave G0WBX.

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 21, 2009
        Yes, it's the same message every time.

        Here's a link to it:

        http://www.wa9pie.net/OmniRig-Crash.jpg

        It installs with LogWindow and BandMaster. or can be installed separately.

        .a long time ago. it worked when installing LogWindow. But after installing
        BandMaster, it produced this error. I've deinstalled all of it and started
        from scratch and I get the same thing.

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 22, 2009
          I also have a dump file, if any can read it.

          Mike, WA9PIE

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 22, 2009
            It’s been a while since I’ve brought this up, but I could use some help.

            Since writing the original note, I have completely wiped my hard drive and
            installed Windows7. Upon reinstalling my programs, I was able to re-create
            the problem – which now won’t go away. The steps were:

            · Install LogWindow 4.5.1.4; this installs a version of OmniRig

            o Upon taking this step, I tested this and both LogWindow and OmniRig
            worked fine.

            · Install Band Master; this also wants to install a version of
            OmniRig

            o During this step, the install asks me to shut down other versions of
            OmniRig that are running; so I did (shut down LogWindow and OmniRig)

            o After completing this step, OmniRig generates the error in the link
            below.

            § Band Master will not run.

            § LogWindow will generate this error when attempting to launch OmniRig

            § My work-around is (as it has been) to launch OmniRig first, then launch
            LogWindow. This is strange, given that you’d otherwise not be required to
            launch OmniRig first in order to avoid an error in Band Master, LogWindow,
            or another program that calls OmniRig.

            Thoughts?

            In general, I’d be quite pleased if I could just go back to the way it was
            before I attempted to install Band Master. But I’ve uninstalled Band Master
            and I continue to get the same error.

            Mike, WA9PIE

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 22, 2009
              Hi Mike,

              To restore the version of OmniRig that comes with LogWindow, uninstall your
              current OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs and re-install LogWindow. You do not
              have to touch Band Master, it is supposed to work fine with the old OmniRig.

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 23, 2009
                I’ll try that, Alex. Thanks.

                My only concern is – there doesn’t seem to be a way to install Band Master
                without installing the version of OR that’s in that MSI. As a result, I
                haven’t reinstalled BM.

                But I’ll uninstall LW and try installing it again and see how that goes.

                Mike, WA9PIE

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 27, 2009
                  Well, I tried that.

                  I uninstalled OmniRig. I uninstalled LogWindow. I searched to make sure
                  there were no related files remaining.

                  Then I reinstalled LogWindow (which installs an older version of OmniRig).

                  Now, the problem is worse. I can’t run OmniRig at all without the error
                  (you access it from within LogWindow).

                  …pardon my frustration. And I haven’t even gotten back to the idea of
                  reinstalling BandMaster.

                  Thoughts?

                  Mike, WA9PIE

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 30, 2009
                    I found something that resolved the problem (using Process Monitor from
                    www.sysinternals.com). The registry key:

                    HKCR\TypeLib\{4FE359C5-A58F-459D-BE95-CA559FB4F270}\1.0\0\win32\(Default)

                    (which has a value of C:\PROGRA~1\LOGWIN~1.5\BIN\OmniRig.exe)

                    Needed to have Full Control for the user. Upon fixing that, the program now
                    launches OmniRig normally.

                    I still get an ED (Extra Decimal) problem from within LogWindow – but I’m
                    guessing it’s coding in LogWindow that needs fixed. I used the Client to
                    test OmniRig and that all worked fine.

                    Mike, WA9PIE