BandMaster vs. stations on multiple frequencies simultaneously

  • Bert - W0RSB
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
      BandMaster apparently only allows one spot for a station, even if the spots are on different bands.

      I just watched a handful of spots for 3D20CR on 17, 12 and 10 meters pop up on the DX cluster, and saw the entry on 17 meters on BandMaster flash in and then out of existence as soon as the spot for 10 meters came through.

      I suppose multiple spots in the same band and mode segment should be considered as either corrections or QSYing, but in this case, it's a DXpedition and they're probably really on all those bands at the same time, and might have two or more stations on a single band in different modes.
    • Cecil Acuff
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
        Bandmaster will display multiple spots for a given call sign Usually it only displays the call sign once with a plus sign next to it's left side. Click on the plus sign and you can expand the tree of spots for that call sign.

        The length of time a call sign stays on the screen is user configurable...it can stay just a minute or so or for much longer depending on your preferences. Poke around in the pull down menus and look for the user preferences...

        Cecil
        K5DL
        BandMaster apparently only allows one spot for a station, even if the spots are on different bands.

        I just watched a handful of spots for 3D20CR on 17, 12 and 10 meters pop up on the DX cluster, and saw the entry on 17 meters on BandMaster flash in and then out of existence as soon as the spot for 10 meters came through.

        I suppose multiple spots in the same band and mode segment should be considered as either corrections or QSYing, but in this case, it's a DXpedition and they're probably really on all those bands at the same time, and might have two or more stations on a single band in different modes.

      • oceanbiz01
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
          Are you using Telnet or DX Summit in Bandmaster?

          I do not have this problem.
          I use Telnet, usially at least 2 servers
          Are you looking at the Band list or the Band Map. In the Band list this does not happen

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
            Good point...I don't use the one that displays spots as on a tuning dial...gets a bit confusing for me...

            Do use the telnet and several server mode though...

            Cecil..
            K5DL

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
              Here is what happens:
              In Band Map, because DXPeditions are constantly being spotted on different frequencies, the latest spot will go to the band map for that spot. As soon as someone re-spots on your band map of interest, it will come back again with the new data.
              In Band List:
              Thanks to the + and - for a call sign, you can expand the call sign with the + and see all spots. Now, you can sort on frequency or on DX or on UTC or on Spotter or on Comment just by clicking the title at the top.
              This way, you can organize the spots as it suits you.
              I used to use the band map until I had the same unpleasant experience. Then I decided to use Spot List. I jump from band to band frequently and Spot list keeps all info on the screen. I keeps spots less than 30 minutes old. Anything older than 30 moinutes is useless to me.

              And, since Bandmaster is integrated with AALog, I see the band modes that I NEED because they are highlighted in RED thanks to AAlog integration. If I worked that band mode before, the call sign goes to grey.
              And I use the notification feature which allows me to have a computer in other rooms of the house so I can hear a new band mode being spotted.
              Then I can go to the shack and make the QSO.

              Dan K3ZXL
              www.k3zxl.com