Contest mode ?

  • pa7ra
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2009
      Hello I new on this group
      but Mabye a silly question for those how know but I see in the description on the webside that CW skimmer is vertical in de Contest mode wideband
      but how can I get cwskimmer that way
      the ony thing I get it is horizontal
      so I hope that everyone understant mine question so sorry for the bad englisch
      tnx
      Rien, PA7RA
    • Pete Smith N4ZR
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23, 2009
        There is only one view of CW Skimmer, and that has the waterfall
        "flowing" horizontally right to left. The callsign window goes
        vertically, and can be set to list the received calls in order of time,
        frequency or callsign (alphabetical). Perhaps that is what you remember
        from the web site.

        73, Pete N4ZR
        New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2009
          Hi Rien,

          In the default 3-kHz mode the waterfall display in CW Skimmer look
          horizontal because it cannot be resized vertically. To see more than 3 kHz
          of spectrum, you have to use one of the wideband receivers supported by the
          Skimmer, such as SoftRock or QS1R.