morse runner

  • Sean D.
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2004
      I am having a trouble with no sound in windows 98SE. Anyone else
      having this trouble.

      Thank you.

      Sean
    • Eric - VE3GSI
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 2004
        Sean/Gang,

        Just for the sake of trying, I installed Morse Runner v.1.4 on a Windows
        98SE machine after reading your message. At the Audio Buffer default
        setting the programme had poor sound, but when I changed the value from 3 to
        5 and restarted the programme it worked ok. (I have not tried number 4 yet).

        The computer used for this test is a Pentium 166MMX with 88 Meg of RAM. The
        audio drivers for the SoundBlaster 16 sound card are the default drivers
        installed by Windows. There is no virus checker or background programmes
        running on this machine.

        As a suggestion, if you are running a Norton's product you may wish to
        disable it and try again. The same goes for other programmes you may have
        running in background.

        On the Windows XP box I normally use for 'Ham Radio', I have no problems at
        all with Morse Runner.

        If there were only one change I would ask Alex to do, is an option that
        would allow me to reverse the up/down arrow functions. To me it would make
        more sense to have the up arrow increase the audio pitch and the down arrow
        to lower it. For sure, it is a great programme.

        73 Eric - VE3GSI.