Re: [dxatlas] Keyer for Morse Runner

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20, 2009
      Hi Frank,

      Here is a keyer that works with Morse Runner: (http://www.cqham.ru/cwt.htm).

      Pardon me if this has been asked before. I love using Morse Runner and it
      has helped me tremendously with receiving calls and info for contests. I'd
      like to use Morse Runner to help me improve my skills for when I use
      paddles.

      I know the 'readme' file says you can use a keyer that simulates a keyboard,
      but I can't find anything like that advertised by any manufacturers.
      Perhaps I'm reading this wrong or perhaps I've not looked at advertisements
      long enough.

      Does anyone know of a keyer or method I can use to connect iambic paddles
      with the Morse Runner program? I clearly understand the program can't read
      any off-the-wall things I send to it, but is there a keyer that simulates a
      keyboard where I can enter the needed data via paddles?

      73,
      Frank W2XYZ
    • w2xyz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 20, 2009
        Alex,
        Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the reply has only been limited help. The translator service tells me the page is too busy to be translated. I looked at the schematic and checked for parts availability. Digi-Key and Mouser do not carry the IC specified in the schematic. Do you know if anyone has built this keyer and if so where he obtained the parts. Thanks in advance.
        73,
        Frank W2XYZ

        > Hi Frank,
        >
        > Here is a keyer that works with Morse Runner: (http://www.cqham.ru/cwt.htm).

        > Pardon me if this has been asked before. I love using Morse Runner and it
        > has helped me tremendously with receiving calls and info for contests. I'd
        > like to use Morse Runner to help me improve my skills for when I use
        > paddles.
        >
        > I know the 'readme' file says you can use a keyer that simulates a keyboard,
        > but I can't find anything like that advertised by any manufacturers.
        > Perhaps I'm reading this wrong or perhaps I've not looked at advertisements
        > long enough.
        >
        > Does anyone know of a keyer or method I can use to connect iambic paddles
        > with the Morse Runner program? I clearly understand the program can't read
        > any off-the-wall things I send to it, but is there a keyer that simulates a
        > keyboard where I can enter the needed data via paddles?
        >
        > 73,
        > Frank W2XYZ

      • Pete Smith N4ZR
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 21, 2009
          Google's translator will sort-of translate that page, but it is pretty
          garbled. Googling the Atmel AT90S2313 yielded a lot of references, but
          Atmel's own web site says it has been superseded by the ATtiny 2313.
          The rest of the stuff in the schematic looks pretty simple, but of
          course the whole story is in the programming of the Atmel.

          73, Pete N4ZR
          New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

          Pete Smith

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 21, 2009
            Hi Frank,

            Most of the text on the page explains why the author decided to develop the
            keyer, and how the keyer has helped him in the contests. The design is
            explained in the first two paragraphs below the schematic. In particular,
            the author says that he will send the firmware to anyone on request.