Keyer for Morse Runner

  • w2xyz
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20 5:10 AM
      Pardon me if this has been asked before. I love using Morse Runner and it has helped me tremendously with receiving calls and info for contests. I'd like to use Morse Runner to help me improve my skills for when I use paddles.

      I know the 'readme' file says you can use a keyer that simulates a keyboard, but I can't find anything like that advertised by any manufacturers. Perhaps I'm reading this wrong or perhaps I've not looked at advertisements long enough.

      Does anyone know of a keyer or method I can use to connect iambic paddles with the Morse Runner program? I clearly understand the program can't read any off-the-wall things I send to it, but is there a keyer that simulates a keyboard where I can enter the needed data via paddles?

      73,
      Frank W2XYZ

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 20 8:32 PM
          Alex,
          Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the reply has only been limited help. The translator service tells me the page is too busy to be translated. I looked at the schematic and checked for parts availability. Digi-Key and Mouser do not carry the IC specified in the schematic. Do you know if anyone has built this keyer and if so where he obtained the parts. Thanks in advance.
          73,
          Frank W2XYZ

          > Hi Frank,
          >
          > Here is a keyer that works with Morse Runner: (http://www.cqham.ru/cwt.htm).

          > Pardon me if this has been asked before. I love using Morse Runner and it
          > has helped me tremendously with receiving calls and info for contests. I'd
          > like to use Morse Runner to help me improve my skills for when I use
          > paddles.
          >
          > I know the 'readme' file says you can use a keyer that simulates a keyboard,
          > but I can't find anything like that advertised by any manufacturers.
          > Perhaps I'm reading this wrong or perhaps I've not looked at advertisements
          > long enough.
          >
          > Does anyone know of a keyer or method I can use to connect iambic paddles
          > with the Morse Runner program? I clearly understand the program can't read
          > any off-the-wall things I send to it, but is there a keyer that simulates a
          > keyboard where I can enter the needed data via paddles?
          >
          > 73,
          > Frank W2XYZ

        • Pete Smith N4ZR
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 21 3:18 AM
            Google's translator will sort-of translate that page, but it is pretty
            garbled. Googling the Atmel AT90S2313 yielded a lot of references, but
            Atmel's own web site says it has been superseded by the ATtiny 2313.
            The rest of the stuff in the schematic looks pretty simple, but of
            course the whole story is in the programming of the Atmel.

            73, Pete N4ZR
            New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
            The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

            Pete Smith

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 21 7:12 AM
              Hi Frank,

              Most of the text on the page explains why the author decided to develop the
              keyer, and how the keyer has helped him in the contests. The design is
              explained in the first two paragraphs below the schematic. In particular,
              the author says that he will send the firmware to anyone on request.