Re: [dxatlas] Suggestion for a new application to add to the suite ...

  • Jeff Blaine
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 20, 2009
      Bert,

      May I suggest the HRD digital modes program DM780?

      This provides an AF-based waterfall that is very helpful to use in
      optimizing tuning. It's one of the many things I use DM780 for which is
      the centerpoint of my station.

      And in addition to that, it provides full 2-way capability for just
      about every digital mode known, in addition to CW. The functionality
      and beauty are really hard to comprehend.

      73/jeff/ac0c

      bert.hyman wrote:

      > A graphical CW tuning aid for us tone-deaf operators.
      >
      > I've been using an audio spectrum analyzer app that I found on the Web
      > a while ago to make sure the audio note of a received signal is at
      > 700Hz (my rig's default offset) so that it's peaked in the filter
      > passband and I'm on the same frequency as the other station.
      >
      > It works, but since it's a general purpose program, the controls and
      > display are not optimized for this use.
      >
      > I understand that the Elecraft K3 has this feature built in; my Omni
      > VII doesn't.

    • bert.hyman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21, 2009
        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Blaine <keepwalking188@...> wrote:

        > May I suggest the HRD digital modes program DM780?
        >
        > This provides an AF-based waterfall that is very helpful to use in
        > optimizing tuning. It's one of the many things I use DM780 for which
        > is the centerpoint of my station.

        I guess I'm too much of a minimalist for HRD; I find the display much too busy for my tastes :-)

        All I have on the screen when I'm operating is BandMaster and my little spectrum analyzer window.
      • Jim McLaughlin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2009
          I also would like to be able to use FAROS in a portable mode with a GPS.

          How about it Alex? Can you please add this functionality?

          73,

          Jim
          WA2EWE/T6