RE: [dxatlas] Re:Suggestion for a new application to add to the suite ...

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 20, 2009
      Very much agree; just a few micro-seconds will make a big difference in the
      reception quality.

      Dave
      DM78qd // KA0SWT

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 20, 2009
        Bert,

        May I suggest the HRD digital modes program DM780?

        This provides an AF-based waterfall that is very helpful to use in
        optimizing tuning. It's one of the many things I use DM780 for which is
        the centerpoint of my station.

        And in addition to that, it provides full 2-way capability for just
        about every digital mode known, in addition to CW. The functionality
        and beauty are really hard to comprehend.

        73/jeff/ac0c

        bert.hyman wrote:

        > A graphical CW tuning aid for us tone-deaf operators.
        >
        > I've been using an audio spectrum analyzer app that I found on the Web
        > a while ago to make sure the audio note of a received signal is at
        > 700Hz (my rig's default offset) so that it's peaked in the filter
        > passband and I'm on the same frequency as the other station.
        >
        > It works, but since it's a general purpose program, the controls and
        > display are not optimized for this use.
        >
        > I understand that the Elecraft K3 has this feature built in; my Omni
        > VII doesn't.

      • bert.hyman
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2009
          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Blaine <keepwalking188@...> wrote:

          > May I suggest the HRD digital modes program DM780?
          >
          > This provides an AF-based waterfall that is very helpful to use in
          > optimizing tuning. It's one of the many things I use DM780 for which
          > is the centerpoint of my station.

          I guess I'm too much of a minimalist for HRD; I find the display much too busy for my tastes :-)

          All I have on the screen when I'm operating is BandMaster and my little spectrum analyzer window.
        • Jim McLaughlin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 21, 2009
            I also would like to be able to use FAROS in a portable mode with a GPS.

            How about it Alex? Can you please add this functionality?

            73,

            Jim
            WA2EWE/T6