Re: [dxatlas] Client to consolidate multi-skimmer telent feeds

  • Jeff Blaine
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2009
      Iain,

      Wow, that looks like a winner!!!

      I will ask Dave about the max number of feeds. But in the documentation
      it does not seem there is a limit mentioned.

      73/jeff/ac0c

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2009
        Are you talking a geographically-distributed network, or all at one
        location, on a network?

        I know of one guy, K4TD, who is using a cluster server to consolidate
        feeds from 6 Skimmers. You might contact him.

        73, Pete N4ZR

        At 10:52 PM 6/4/2009, Jeff wrote:
        >In a extensive multi-skimmer configuration, we could end up with perhaps
        >10 skimmer telnet servers.
        >
        >Is there an application that would provide a "consolidation" function -
        >drawing from these 10 servers and providing a single point server source
        >for the sum total of all 10 feeds?
        >
        >73/jeff/ac0c

      • Jeff Blaine
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2009
          Peter,

          No, just here at my QTH. And just feeding to my local network. The
          spots are not of high enough quality to publish - I just don't have that
          much confidence in my system.

          Rick K4TD's system - well, that's how the big boy professionals do it.
          Really fantastic setup he has.

          73/jeff/ac0c