Client to consolidate multi-skimmer telent feeds

  • Jeff Blaine
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4 7:52 PM
      In a extensive multi-skimmer configuration, we could end up with perhaps
      10 skimmer telnet servers.

      Is there an application that would provide a "consolidation" function -
      drawing from these 10 servers and providing a single point server source
      for the sum total of all 10 feeds?

      73/jeff/ac0c
    • ronc@sonic.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4 8:49 PM
        Try this:
        www.canyouseeme.org
        Ron
        N6IE
        www.N6IE.com
        On Thu 04/06/09 7:52 PM , Jeff Blaine keepwalking188@...
        sent:
        In a extensive multi-skimmer configuration, we could end up with
        perhaps
        10 skimmer telnet servers.
        Is there an application that would provide a "consolidation"
        function -
        drawing from these 10 servers and providing a single point server
        source
        for the sum total of all 10 feeds?
        73/jeff/ac0c

        Links:
        ------
        [1]
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxatlas_group/message/1427;_ylc=X3oDMTM0cjJ2ampzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzc2ODQxMjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA4Mzk2Mzc5BG1zZ0lkAzE0MjcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjQ0MTcwMzUxBHRwY0lkAzE0Mjc-
        [2]
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxatlas_group/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwYWxuMGxqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzc2ODQxMjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA4Mzk2Mzc5BG1zZ0lkAzE0MjcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMjQ0MTcwMzUx?act=reply&messageNum=1427
        [3]
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxatlas_group/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlcjg5dGtmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzc2ODQxMjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA4Mzk2Mzc5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI0NDE3MDM1MQ--
        [4]
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxatlas_group/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbGp0ZWk2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzc2ODQxMjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA4Mzk2Mzc5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA21zZ3MEc3RpbWUDMTI0NDE3MDM1MQ--
        [5]
        http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkYmQ3dm0yBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzc2ODQxMjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA4Mzk2Mzc5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMjQ0MTcwMzUx
        [6]
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxatlas_group/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJmb2pmODcxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzc2ODQxMjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA4Mzk2Mzc5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEyNDQxNzAzNTE-
        [7] mailto:dxatlas_group-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email
        Delivery: Digest
        [8]
        mailto:dxatlas_group-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional
        [9]
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxatlas_group;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcjJjbnE2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzc2ODQxMjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA4Mzk2Mzc5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwZgRzdGltZQMxMjQ0MTcwMzUx
        [10] http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        [12]
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxatlas_group/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmcmdsOG1pBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzc2ODQxMjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA4Mzk2Mzc5BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEyNDQxNzAzNTE-
        [13]
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxatlas_group;_ylc=X3oDMTJlNW5ub3B2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzc2ODQxMjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA4Mzk2Mzc5BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTI0NDE3MDM1MQ--
        [14]
        http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJtYWNwOHJyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzEEZ3JwSWQDNzY4NDEyMgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDgzOTYzNzkEc2VjA25jbW9kBHNsawNicmFuZARzdGltZQMxMjQ0MTcwMzUx;_ylg=1/SIG=11314uv3k/**<a
        href=
        [15]
        http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJvM2h0MjIyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzIEZ3JwSWQDNzY4NDEyMgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDgzOTYzNzkEc2VjA25jbW9kBHNsawN0b29sYmFyBHN0aW1lAzEyNDQxNzAzNTE-;_ylg=1/SIG=11c6dvmk9/**<a
        href=
        [16]
        http://groups.yahoo.com/start;_ylc=X3oDMTJvYjZkc2hqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzMEZ3JwSWQDNzY4NDEyMgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDgzOTYzNzkEc2VjA25jbW9kBHNsawNncm91cHMyBHN0aW1lAzEyNDQxNzAzNTE-

      • Iain MacDonnell - N6ML
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4 9:29 PM
          Jeff Blaine wrote:
          > In a extensive multi-skimmer configuration, we could end up with perhaps
          > 10 skimmer telnet servers.
          >
          > Is there an application that would provide a "consolidation" function -
          > drawing from these 10 servers and providing a single point server source
          > for the sum total of all 10 feeds?

          I haven't tried this, and don't know if it'll support as many as 10, but
          see:

          http://pvrc.org/~n4zr/Articles/Using%20WintelnetX%20to%20Combine%20Skimmer%20and%20Cluster%20Spots.pdf

          ~Iain / N6ML
        • Jeff Blaine
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4 9:58 PM
            Ron,

            That tool looks to see if your external firewall ports are open.

            I'm looking for something that would be resident inside the local lan.
            No firewalls involved. Hope that makes sense...

            73/jeff/ac0c

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4 10:03 PM
              Iain,

              Wow, that looks like a winner!!!

              I will ask Dave about the max number of feeds. But in the documentation
              it does not seem there is a limit mentioned.

              73/jeff/ac0c

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5 2:29 AM
                Are you talking a geographically-distributed network, or all at one
                location, on a network?

                I know of one guy, K4TD, who is using a cluster server to consolidate
                feeds from 6 Skimmers. You might contact him.

                73, Pete N4ZR

                At 10:52 PM 6/4/2009, Jeff wrote:
                >In a extensive multi-skimmer configuration, we could end up with perhaps
                >10 skimmer telnet servers.
                >
                >Is there an application that would provide a "consolidation" function -
                >drawing from these 10 servers and providing a single point server source
                >for the sum total of all 10 feeds?
                >
                >73/jeff/ac0c

              • Jeff Blaine
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 5 11:04 AM
                  Peter,

                  No, just here at my QTH. And just feeding to my local network. The
                  spots are not of high enough quality to publish - I just don't have that
                  much confidence in my system.

                  Rick K4TD's system - well, that's how the big boy professionals do it.
                  Really fantastic setup he has.

                  73/jeff/ac0c