Re: [dxatlas] morse runner

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
      Hi Sean,

      Increase the audio buffer size as described in the readme file and see if
      this helps.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      > I am running win98 SE and there is no sound, my father has win XP and
      > it works fine. what is going on here LOL.
      >
      > Sean
    • Gabriele Battaglia
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2004
        Hello Sean...
        Gabriel here, from North-East of Italy.
        Yes, for sure, I've got the same problem on Windows 98 Second edition.
        Unfortunately I'm not able to use Morse Runner altought I really wish to do
        :-)
        I already aks Alex about this trouble and it seems there isn't solution.
        When I start MR, after choosing a way from Run menu, I can hear some strange
        sounds coming out from my phones: noisy and some cw waves but nothing
        understendable.
        Alex, is it possible for you make some test in a pc runs WIN98? I'm not a
        programmer but I imagine that there something wrong in comunication protocol
        bitween sound card and memory banks. Maybe MR needs of some little
        adjustements in order to run properly on 98. Well... I hope so... :-)

        Thanks for further message in this topic, I really would like this bug
        fixed!
        73 - Gabriel IZ4APU.
      • k8khz
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 17, 2004
          This is not the trouble. The trouble I have is that the program is not
          starting up at all when I press the run anything at all. I am not sure why
          that is
          I would like to find out though. HMMMMMMMM. not a buffer thing.

          Sean

          From: Sean D.
          Subject: [dxatlas] morse runner

          I am having a trouble with no sound in windows 98SE. Anyone else
          having this trouble.

          Thank you.

          Sean

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

        • Gabriele Battaglia
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17, 2004
            I tried with new value buffer at 5, in a PC running 500MHZ Celeron CPU with
            256 MB-RAM, under Win98SE and nothing happens.
            MR1.4 doesn't run.
            Alex, May I encrease the buffer value over the 5?
            Gabriel IZ4APU.