morse runner

  • Sean D.
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2004
      I am running win98 SE and there is no sound, my father has win XP and
      it works fine. what is going on here LOL.

      Sean
    • Sean D.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 2004
        I am having a trouble with no sound in windows 98SE. Anyone else
        having this trouble.

        Thank you.

        Sean
      • Eric - VE3GSI
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 2004
          Sean/Gang,

          Just for the sake of trying, I installed Morse Runner v.1.4 on a Windows
          98SE machine after reading your message. At the Audio Buffer default
          setting the programme had poor sound, but when I changed the value from 3 to
          5 and restarted the programme it worked ok. (I have not tried number 4 yet).

          The computer used for this test is a Pentium 166MMX with 88 Meg of RAM. The
          audio drivers for the SoundBlaster 16 sound card are the default drivers
          installed by Windows. There is no virus checker or background programmes
          running on this machine.

          As a suggestion, if you are running a Norton's product you may wish to
          disable it and try again. The same goes for other programmes you may have
          running in background.

          On the Windows XP box I normally use for 'Ham Radio', I have no problems at
          all with Morse Runner.

          If there were only one change I would ask Alex to do, is an option that
          would allow me to reverse the up/down arrow functions. To me it would make
          more sense to have the up arrow increase the audio pitch and the down arrow
          to lower it. For sure, it is a great programme.

          73 Eric - VE3GSI.