OMNI RIG , HAM PORT Programming with C++

  • andrea.weick
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2009
      Hallo,
      1.
      I've installed HAMPORT in the default directory and I'm using it with a TS-870, but every times I try to save the Memories the hamport.mem is saved on the Desktop instead of the HAMPORT program directory.
      How can I set the hamport.mem directory as the one of hamport.exe?

      2.
      I must write an interface in C/C++ to dialog from my DLL to the OmniRig (TS-870), but I'don't understand how can I do it.
      Could please someone tell me if and which lib or dll should I include in my C/C++ code (and where I find it) and which header (Methods,...)can I use? Has someone a documentation? I couldn't see any document on how to interface with the Client SW.

      Thank you in advance.
      hb9fbd Andrea
    • Alex VE3NEA
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 18, 2009
        Hi Andrea,

        I've installed HAMPORT in the default directory and I'm using it with a
        TS-870, but every times I try to save the Memories the hamport.mem is saved
        on the Desktop instead of the HAMPORT program directory.
        How can I set the hamport.mem directory as the one of hamport.exe?

        HamPort is a product of DxSoft. Their support Yahoo group is
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxsoft/)

        2.
        I must write an interface in C/C++ to dialog from my DLL to the OmniRig
        (TS-870), but I'don't understand how can I do it.
        Could please someone tell me if and which lib or dll should I include in my
        C/C++ code (and where I find it) and which header (Methods,...)can I use?
        Has someone a documentation? I couldn't see any document on how to interface
        with the Client SW.

        OmniRig is a COM object, its type library is included inside the OmniRig.exe
        file. You can use it in your project just like any other COM object. There
        is an example at http://dxatlas.com/Dev/ showing how to use the DX Atlas COM
        object in a C++ application, the same approach works with OmniRig. If you
        want to see what methods and properties the object has, you can do so using
        the OleView tool that comes with Visual Studio.

        73 Alex VE3NEA
      • andrea.weick
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 19, 2009
          Hallo Alex,
          thanks for your answer. For 1 is clear, but for 2 the way is still long ;-).
          I'm integrated the PAS/RES code of the OmniClient in my C++ Project, but I'dont get success for 2 reasons:
          1. SpinEdit are not found. (maybe I miss some Spin.pas,...)?
          2. I miss a OmniRig_TLB.dcu....
          Some advices? In my opinion I miss some modules.
          73 de Andrea hb9fbd
        • Alex VE3NEA
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 19, 2009
            Hi Andrea,

            You do not need SpinEdit to use OmniRig in your project. SpinEdit is just a
            convenient way of entering and reading numerical values, you can use plain
            Edit boxes instead.

            OmniRig_TLB is generated automatically via the Import Type Library menu
            command.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 19, 2009
              Hello Alex,
              as I understand the SpinEdit are not part of the Form and I do not find them anywhere. They should be part of my code application or could be simple string. Is it correct? In this case the definitions should be deleted from Form1.

              How to Import Type Library in the Borland C/C++. (to keep track for others programmers). Under the "Project" bar, select "Import Type LĂ©ibrary" and add the "Omnirig.exe". Under the BCB\Imports you will find some new modules/object (Omnirig_TLB and Omnirig_OCX).
              When you compile+link your program you should add the "BCB\Imports" directory get all the references.
              I've now a problem in the compiler:it expects the Omnirig_TLb.dcu but I've ho xx.dcu on my PC. Where I get it? I tried also to add the new CPP Omnirig_OCX/TLB to my project, but no news.
              Thanks.
              Andrea hb9fbd