Perseus

  • the_thaw_ottepel
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17 8:36 PM
      What are the Omni-Rig settings for the Perseus radio?

      Thanks

      Joseph Rodick
      WB4SSG
    • Dave Baxter
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19 2:51 AM
        Hi..

        Looking at the Perseus website: http://www.microtelecom.it/perseus/

        To Quote from the website:

        The interface to third party software is provided in several ways, by means of the Microtelecom Software Defined Radio Developer Kit, virtual audio ports and virtual communication ports.

        UnQuote.

        I'm not familiar with Perseus, but it appears much like other SDR's, in as much as it has minimal hardware, just to acquire the signals, and a HighSpeed USB line to the main software on the PC. It's the main software app that you need to get control of, by way of it's virtual ports, or the developer kit.

        OmniRig can only do simple things, such as send commands to set frequency, mode and some other settings, also checking status's etc.

        I think if you've not already done so, you'd be wise to ask on the Perseus group about how to remote control it. When you have those details (if no one else has done it) then perhaps people here can help with an OmniRig driver. You might get lucky, and find that Perseus "emulates" part or all of another common radio's command set, if so, and OmniRig also supports the same rig, it might just work right now, if you click all the right options etc.

        Best Regards Joseph.

        I don't have a Perseus, but I for one would be interested in what you find. Just wondering how much CPU power Perseus uses, and what is left for such app's as Faros. At nearly £750.00 in the UK, I don't think I'll be buying one though.

        73.

        Dave G0WBX.