Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer and WriteLog

  • Jeff Maass
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2009
      The '127.0.0.1' IP Address applies only if the Skimmer and Writelog are running on the same computer.

      If CW Skimmer is running on a different computer on your LAN, you address it with the IP address of that computer, using the port ID specified on the 'Setting -> Telnet' configuration page.

      The most recent versions of Writelog (10.69D and later) will allow you to connect to both a packetcluster (using "Window -> Packet Window") and a CW Skimmer node ("Window -> Incoming-only Packet..."). Spots received on both are posted to the bandmap, and are distinguished in the "Packet Spots" window.

      73, Jeff K8ND

      > If all you want to do is transfer spots to Writelog, all you have to do is
      > set up a new cluster node In Writelog pointed to ip address 127.0.0.1 port
      > 7300, and turn on Skimmer's Telnet server.
      >
      > 73, Pete N4ZR
      >
      > At 06:43 PM 3/8/2009, you wrote:
      > >Hi All,
      > >
      > >I wonder if anyone on the list is running Skimmer with WriteLog and
      > >feeding spots to the packet window and bandmap in the logging program?
      > >
      > >I have both programs but can't figure out the steps involved to get this
      > >working.
      > >
      > >I've posted my query to the WriteLog reflector also, but haven't got
      > >anything back yet.
      > >
      > >Cheers
      > >
      > >David, VK2NU

    • w9ol
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2009
        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "vk2nu" <DavidVK2NU@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I wonder if anyone on the list is running Skimmer with WriteLog and feeding spots to the packet window and bandmap in the logging program?
        >
        > I have both programs but can't figure out the steps involved to get this working.
        >
        > I've posted my query to the WriteLog reflector also, but haven't got anything back yet.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > David, VK2NU

        David
        There is a new Telnet option in Writelog.
        First there is the Open Packet window which can get you to the cluster.
        Then in the Windows menu there is something like:
        "Incoming messages only or Incoming Packet"
        (I'm not near my Writelog computer)
        Click on that and it asks for the ip number and port that is selected in the CWSkimmer Telnet Option.
        good luck