Re: Future Skimmer plans?

  • vk2nu
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2009
      I'd vote for this also!

      It doesn't need to be only for the second RX, but would be great if
      it could show VFO-A and VFO-B, when using split..

      Cheers

      David

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "ve7tk" <ve7tk@...> wrote:

      > Are there any plans to add a 2nd receiver capability to Skimmer?
      It
      > would be nice to have the main receiver as the current green bar
      and
      > the 2nd receiver frequency as ... perhaps a blue bar.
      >
      > In the K5D chaos it would have been helpful to quickly and visually
      > know where my 2nd receiver - my TX frequency - was without a quick
      > glance over to the rig.
      >
      > Dragging it up and down the bandwidth would be nice but no doubt
      > substantially more complicated.
      >
      > Anyway - just a thought. Thanks.
      >
      > 73,
      > Rick
      > VE7TK
      >
      > Website: http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk

    • Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18 3:10 PM
        Hi,

        In my setup here I am currently using skimmer tied to a softrock, having
        the softrock being fed from my transceiver's RX loop.

        It would be nice if we could have markers that show where VFO-A and
        VFO-B are. Even better if we could have a way to skimmer to tell the
        radio where the last 599 was received, so we would have an auto track
        feature. I am afraid that it would get too easy to play. :)

        By the way, this last week I worked S04R, with weak signals and against
        euro-wall, just because skimmer showed me that the op was listening far
        to up on the split. Thats cool.

        73,

        Felipe - PY1NB
        http://www.dxwatch.com