Future Skimmer plans?

  • ve7tk
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2009
      Are there any plans to add a 2nd receiver capability to Skimmer? It
      would be nice to have the main receiver as the current green bar and
      the 2nd receiver frequency as ... perhaps a blue bar.

      In the K5D chaos it would have been helpful to quickly and visually
      know where my 2nd receiver - my TX frequency - was without a quick
      glance over to the rig.

      Dragging it up and down the bandwidth would be nice but no doubt
      substantially more complicated.

      Anyway - just a thought. Thanks.

      73,
      Rick
      VE7TK

      Website: http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk
    • vk2nu
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2009
        I'd vote for this also!

        It doesn't need to be only for the second RX, but would be great if
        it could show VFO-A and VFO-B, when using split..

        Cheers

        David

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "ve7tk" <ve7tk@...> wrote:

        > Are there any plans to add a 2nd receiver capability to Skimmer?
        It
        > would be nice to have the main receiver as the current green bar
        and
        > the 2nd receiver frequency as ... perhaps a blue bar.
        >
        > In the K5D chaos it would have been helpful to quickly and visually
        > know where my 2nd receiver - my TX frequency - was without a quick
        > glance over to the rig.
        >
        > Dragging it up and down the bandwidth would be nice but no doubt
        > substantially more complicated.
        >
        > Anyway - just a thought. Thanks.
        >
        > 73,
        > Rick
        > VE7TK
        >
        > Website: http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk

      • Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18 3:10 PM
          Hi,

          In my setup here I am currently using skimmer tied to a softrock, having
          the softrock being fed from my transceiver's RX loop.

          It would be nice if we could have markers that show where VFO-A and
          VFO-B are. Even better if we could have a way to skimmer to tell the
          radio where the last 599 was received, so we would have an auto track
          feature. I am afraid that it would get too easy to play. :)

          By the way, this last week I worked S04R, with weak signals and against
          euro-wall, just because skimmer showed me that the op was listening far
          to up on the split. Thats cool.

          73,

          Felipe - PY1NB
          http://www.dxwatch.com