Re: [dxatlas] BandPlan.ini

  • rdvrey
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
      Hi Alex,

      Yep you are right.

      thanks,

      Robert PE1CWU

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
        Hi Geoff,

        You can do this only via the Settings dialog.

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
          Hi Alex

          So when are you going to add the much needed facility then? :-)

          I would have thought that the avid DXer and SO2R operator would have wanted
          this. Also it would be nice for those using the 3KHz option to have
          separated left and right channel outputs or at least have the option of
          setting which channel to have the output fed to the soundcard

          Something for you to think about..

          73 de Geoff
          G3NPA
          Geoff.Anderson@...

          > You can do this only via the Settings dialog.

          >>> 1838=DIG,CW
          >>> 1840=DIG,PH,CW
          >>> 1842=PH,CW
          >>> 1880=END
          >>>
          >>> 3500=CW-DX,CW-contest
          >>> 3510=CW-contest
          >>> 3560=CW
          >>> 3580=DIG,CW
          >>> 3600=DIG,PH-contest,CW
          >>> 3620=PH-contest,CW
          >>> 3650=PH,CW
          >>> 3700=PH-contest,CW
          >>> 3730=PH-contest,SSTV,CW
          >>> 3740=PH-contest,CW
          >>> 3775=PH-DX,PH-contest
          >>> 3800=END
          >>>
          >>> 7000=CW
          >>> 7030=DIG,CW,SSTV
          >>> 7045=DIG,PH,CW
          >>> 7100=PH,CW

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 19, 2009
            As a possible workaround -- my Skimmer is on a separate computer on my
            wireless network, so I use the SKIMMER/QSY command to change bands with the
            SDR-IQ receiver, and program those commands in the Telnet window of my
            logging software. The button labeled SK 40 sends my SDR-IQ to 7036. That
            doesn't QSY the antenna Skimmer uses, of course, but my normal operating
            approach is to run Skimmer off the RX antenna of my second radio (behind
            its bandpass filters as well).

            I don't think Skimmer will change the center frequency in SoftRock mode, in
            response to a Skimmer/QSY command - just the main decoder frequency. Do I
            have that right, Alex?

            Does the world need a new piece of software that will listen to your
            Ethernet network, recognize various control signals and mediate between
            them, then control user-configured "boxes" such as radios, band decoders,
            etc.? I'm sure it would be pretty elaborate, and might not even be
            possible without additional hardware.

            73, Pete N4ZR