Re: [dxatlas] BandPlan.ini

  • Geoff Anderson
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
      Alex,

      I may well have asked this before but have forgotten the answer.
      CWSkimmer - Is it possible to change between the two radios I have set up
      in Skimmer from an external source/signal and if so how is it done please?
      Changeover between my two rigs is by using an MK2R+ and a control signal
      sent from Logger32 so how do I get Skimmer to follow please?

      73 de Geoff
      G3NPA
      Geoff.Anderson@...

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
        Hi Alex,

        Yep you are right.

        thanks,

        Robert PE1CWU

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
          Hi Geoff,

          You can do this only via the Settings dialog.

          > I may well have asked this before but have forgotten the answer.
          > CWSkimmer - Is it possible to change between the two radios I have set up
          > in Skimmer from an external source/signal and if so how is it done please?
          > Changeover between my two rigs is by using an MK2R+ and a control signal
          > sent from Logger32 so how do I get Skimmer to follow please?
          >
          > 73 de Geoff
          > G3NPA
          > Geoff.Anderson@...

        • Geoff Anderson
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
            Hi Alex

            So when are you going to add the much needed facility then? :-)

            I would have thought that the avid DXer and SO2R operator would have wanted
            this. Also it would be nice for those using the 3KHz option to have
            separated left and right channel outputs or at least have the option of
            setting which channel to have the output fed to the soundcard

            Something for you to think about..

            73 de Geoff
            G3NPA
            Geoff.Anderson@...

            > You can do this only via the Settings dialog.

            >>> 1838=DIG,CW
            >>> 1840=DIG,PH,CW
            >>> 1842=PH,CW
            >>> 1880=END
            >>>
            >>> 3500=CW-DX,CW-contest
            >>> 3510=CW-contest
            >>> 3560=CW
            >>> 3580=DIG,CW
            >>> 3600=DIG,PH-contest,CW
            >>> 3620=PH-contest,CW
            >>> 3650=PH,CW
            >>> 3700=PH-contest,CW
            >>> 3730=PH-contest,SSTV,CW
            >>> 3740=PH-contest,CW
            >>> 3775=PH-DX,PH-contest
            >>> 3800=END
            >>>
            >>> 7000=CW
            >>> 7030=DIG,CW,SSTV
            >>> 7045=DIG,PH,CW
            >>> 7100=PH,CW

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 19, 2009
              As a possible workaround -- my Skimmer is on a separate computer on my
              wireless network, so I use the SKIMMER/QSY command to change bands with the
              SDR-IQ receiver, and program those commands in the Telnet window of my
              logging software. The button labeled SK 40 sends my SDR-IQ to 7036. That
              doesn't QSY the antenna Skimmer uses, of course, but my normal operating
              approach is to run Skimmer off the RX antenna of my second radio (behind
              its bandpass filters as well).

              I don't think Skimmer will change the center frequency in SoftRock mode, in
              response to a Skimmer/QSY command - just the main decoder frequency. Do I
              have that right, Alex?

              Does the world need a new piece of software that will listen to your
              Ethernet network, recognize various control signals and mediate between
              them, then control user-configured "boxes" such as radios, band decoders,
              etc.? I'm sure it would be pretty elaborate, and might not even be
              possible without additional hardware.

              73, Pete N4ZR