Re: [dxatlas] Skimmer bandwidth

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 18, 2009
      Mike,

      This would be very difficult. The modes that support CAT control can have
      only a 3 kHz or 24 kHz bandwidth, this is hardcoded at the very bottom of
      the Skimmer architecture.

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 18, 2009
        Since we're on the issue of bandwidth I have a question. Using
        CWSkimmer 1.4 I get a bandwidth of +/- 9 Khz. Or a total bandwidth of
        18 kHz. What has happened to the other 6 kHz?

        Don't get me wrong, 18 kHz is really good but I was wondering if I
        have something set incorrectly or is this normal?

        I'm using a Ten-Tec Orion, LP-PAN, 192 kHz E-Mu 0202 sound card and
        SoftRock-IF.

        Thanks,

        Rick
        VE7TK

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 18, 2009
          Hi Rick,

          CW Skimmer produces 24 kHz of spectrum in the SoftRock-IF mode but displays
          only as much as your screen allows. You need a higher resolution monitor to
          see more spectrum on the waterfall. Note that it still decodes all 24 kHz,
          even the parts that you cannot see.

          Since we're on the issue of bandwidth I have a question. Using
          CWSkimmer 1.4 I get a bandwidth of +/- 9 Khz. Or a total bandwidth of
          18 kHz. What has happened to the other 6 kHz?

          Don't get me wrong, 18 kHz is really good but I was wondering if I
          have something set incorrectly or is this normal?

          I'm using a Ten-Tec Orion, LP-PAN, 192 kHz E-Mu 0202 sound card and
          SoftRock-IF.

          Thanks,

          Rick
          VE7TK

          > Mike,
          >
          > This would be very difficult. The modes that support CAT control can
          have
          > only a 3 kHz or 24 kHz bandwidth, this is hardcoded at the very
          bottom of
          > the Skimmer architecture.

        • W0MU Mike Fatchett
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 18, 2009
            Alright. Maybe you will get bored soon and open that up :)

            Gimme an inch I will take a mile.

            never get over." Ben Franklin
            This would be very difficult. The modes that support CAT control can have
            only a 3 kHz or 24 kHz bandwidth, this is hardcoded at the very bottom of
            the Skimmer architecture.

            > there any plans to open this range up for people with 192k sound cards and
            > LP-PAN?
            >
            > Any plans for an RTTY skimmer?
            >
            > Mike
            >

            > "A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may
            > never get over." Ben Franklin

          • ve7tk
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 18, 2009
              Thanks for the clarification Alex. I'm currently running 1440 x 900
              and that's as good as it gets with the on-board video. I think I can
              live with it!

              73,
              Rick
              VE7TK