Re: [dxatlas] Client.exe ?

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2009
      Hi Eike,

      You are correct, OmniRig is an engine that allows any program to easily
      control the radio, simultaneously with other programs. The developer who
      want to use OmniRig in his program just has to write a few lines of code to
      create the OmniRig object, e.g.,

      OmniRig := TOmniRigX.Create(Self);

      and then read and write the OmniRig properties - e.g., to tune VFO A at
      7,005 kHz, he would write

      OmniRig.Rig1.FreqA := 7005000;

      OmniRig can also be used to control the COM port directly, but this makes
      little sense because then the developer would need to know all CAT commands
      of all radios. OmniRig hides the complexity of the commands from the
      programmer behind its simple interface.

      I do not have a complete list of programs that use OmniRig. Some of such
      programs are listed below. Of course, all of my own programs support
      OmniRig.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      RadioKrot
      http://radiokrot.nm.ru/

      Virginia QSO Party
      http://www.lastnamesoftware.net/

      Morce Code Converter
      http://www.lineproduct.com/index.html

      UR5EQF Log
      http://ur5eqf.narod.ru/

      VT Rig control
      http://noorabil.com/VTRigControl.html

      VK Contest Log
      http://web.aanet.com.au/mnds/index.htm

      MixW
      http://www.mixw.net/

      Hamport
      AALog
      AALog contest module
      TrueTTY
      CwGet
      CwType
      http://www.dxsoft.com/

      Log Window
      http://www.scoincsoftware.com/

      DX Monitor
      http//www.benlo.com/dxmon/intro.html

      TalkingLogBook
      http://mysite.verizon.net/cloudyr/talkinglogbook/

      DXTRAK
      http://dxtrak.us/features.htm

      vCOM
      http://www.philcovington.com/SDR_arch.html

      Loki5ace logger
      http://www.qsl.net/oh2kxo/idowne.htm

      Log4u
      http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/log4u.htm

      UR5FCM Log
      http://ur5fcmlogger.sourceforge.net/

      EME System
      http://www.f1ehn.org/

      LogHX
      http://rx4hx.qrz.ru/english/english.html

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 20, 2009
        Hi Alex,
        thank you for the info. I tested the OmniRig feature of MixW, it works
        but it reads only the frequency out and does not NOT control the
        frequency. But I believe this problem is caused by MixW and not by
        OmniRig. By the way I made some advertising for OmniRig at the
        LOGGER32 reflector and looking forward for a result.
        73 de Eike, DM3ML