Re: [dxatlas] Client.exe ?

  • Eike, DM3ML
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2009
      Alex,
      thank you for your answer. In the meantime I found client.exe on your
      page and downloaded it. But I have a lot to learn untill I can answer
      a question of a friend of mine. I'm a newbie on OmniRig...
      When I'm right OmniRig is just an interface between an other programm
      which needs a CAT control and a transceiver. It seems that a
      programmer who is interested to use the OmniRig has to write an
      'OmniRig' interface and to put it on the list of its maintained
      transceivers between ICOM, Kenwood et.al. Or is it possible to use
      OmniRig as a virtual COM-Interface without any change in a program
      e.g. LOGGER32 or HRD?
      Is there a information which logprograms are available to use OmniRig ?
      73s de Eike, DM3ML

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2009
        Hi Eike,

        You are correct, OmniRig is an engine that allows any program to easily
        control the radio, simultaneously with other programs. The developer who
        want to use OmniRig in his program just has to write a few lines of code to
        create the OmniRig object, e.g.,

        OmniRig := TOmniRigX.Create(Self);

        and then read and write the OmniRig properties - e.g., to tune VFO A at
        7,005 kHz, he would write

        OmniRig.Rig1.FreqA := 7005000;

        OmniRig can also be used to control the COM port directly, but this makes
        little sense because then the developer would need to know all CAT commands
        of all radios. OmniRig hides the complexity of the commands from the
        programmer behind its simple interface.

        I do not have a complete list of programs that use OmniRig. Some of such
        programs are listed below. Of course, all of my own programs support
        OmniRig.

        73 Alex VE3NEA

        RadioKrot
        http://radiokrot.nm.ru/

        Virginia QSO Party
        http://www.lastnamesoftware.net/

        Morce Code Converter
        http://www.lineproduct.com/index.html

        UR5EQF Log
        http://ur5eqf.narod.ru/

        VT Rig control
        http://noorabil.com/VTRigControl.html

        VK Contest Log
        http://web.aanet.com.au/mnds/index.htm

        MixW
        http://www.mixw.net/

        Hamport
        AALog
        AALog contest module
        TrueTTY
        CwGet
        CwType
        http://www.dxsoft.com/

        Log Window
        http://www.scoincsoftware.com/

        DX Monitor
        http//www.benlo.com/dxmon/intro.html

        TalkingLogBook
        http://mysite.verizon.net/cloudyr/talkinglogbook/

        DXTRAK
        http://dxtrak.us/features.htm

        vCOM
        http://www.philcovington.com/SDR_arch.html

        Loki5ace logger
        http://www.qsl.net/oh2kxo/idowne.htm

        Log4u
        http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/log4u.htm

        UR5FCM Log
        http://ur5fcmlogger.sourceforge.net/

        EME System
        http://www.f1ehn.org/

        LogHX
        http://rx4hx.qrz.ru/english/english.html

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 20, 2009
          Hi Alex,
          thank you for the info. I tested the OmniRig feature of MixW, it works
          but it reads only the frequency out and does not NOT control the
          frequency. But I believe this problem is caused by MixW and not by
          OmniRig. By the way I made some advertising for OmniRig at the
          LOGGER32 reflector and looking forward for a result.
          73 de Eike, DM3ML