Re: [dxatlas] Client.exe ?

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2009
      Hi Eike,

      You need Client.exe only if you have created your own INI file for a new
      radio model and want to test it. To configure OmniRig, just run
      OmniRig.exe - in most programs that support OmniRig, there is a menu command
      that starts OmniRig.exe for you.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2009
        Alex,
        thank you for your answer. In the meantime I found client.exe on your
        page and downloaded it. But I have a lot to learn untill I can answer
        a question of a friend of mine. I'm a newbie on OmniRig...
        When I'm right OmniRig is just an interface between an other programm
        which needs a CAT control and a transceiver. It seems that a
        programmer who is interested to use the OmniRig has to write an
        'OmniRig' interface and to put it on the list of its maintained
        transceivers between ICOM, Kenwood et.al. Or is it possible to use
        OmniRig as a virtual COM-Interface without any change in a program
        e.g. LOGGER32 or HRD?
        Is there a information which logprograms are available to use OmniRig ?
        73s de Eike, DM3ML

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18, 2009
          Hi Eike,

          You are correct, OmniRig is an engine that allows any program to easily
          control the radio, simultaneously with other programs. The developer who
          want to use OmniRig in his program just has to write a few lines of code to
          create the OmniRig object, e.g.,

          OmniRig := TOmniRigX.Create(Self);

          and then read and write the OmniRig properties - e.g., to tune VFO A at
          7,005 kHz, he would write

          OmniRig.Rig1.FreqA := 7005000;

          OmniRig can also be used to control the COM port directly, but this makes
          little sense because then the developer would need to know all CAT commands
          of all radios. OmniRig hides the complexity of the commands from the
          programmer behind its simple interface.

          I do not have a complete list of programs that use OmniRig. Some of such
          programs are listed below. Of course, all of my own programs support
          OmniRig.

          73 Alex VE3NEA

          RadioKrot
          http://radiokrot.nm.ru/

          Virginia QSO Party
          http://www.lastnamesoftware.net/

          Morce Code Converter
          http://www.lineproduct.com/index.html

          UR5EQF Log
          http://ur5eqf.narod.ru/

          VT Rig control
          http://noorabil.com/VTRigControl.html

          VK Contest Log
          http://web.aanet.com.au/mnds/index.htm

          MixW
          http://www.mixw.net/

          Hamport
          AALog
          AALog contest module
          TrueTTY
          CwGet
          CwType
          http://www.dxsoft.com/

          Log Window
          http://www.scoincsoftware.com/

          DX Monitor
          http//www.benlo.com/dxmon/intro.html

          TalkingLogBook
          http://mysite.verizon.net/cloudyr/talkinglogbook/

          DXTRAK
          http://dxtrak.us/features.htm

          vCOM
          http://www.philcovington.com/SDR_arch.html

          Loki5ace logger
          http://www.qsl.net/oh2kxo/idowne.htm

          Log4u
          http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/log4u.htm

          UR5FCM Log
          http://ur5fcmlogger.sourceforge.net/

          EME System
          http://www.f1ehn.org/

          LogHX
          http://rx4hx.qrz.ru/english/english.html

          thank you for your answer. In the meantime I found client.exe on your
          page and downloaded it. But I have a lot to learn untill I can answer
          a question of a friend of mine. I'm a newbie on OmniRig...
          When I'm right OmniRig is just an interface between an other programm
          which needs a CAT control and a transceiver. It seems that a
          programmer who is interested to use the OmniRig has to write an
          'OmniRig' interface and to put it on the list of its maintained
          transceivers between ICOM, Kenwood et.al. Or is it possible to use
          OmniRig as a virtual COM-Interface without any change in a program
          e.g. LOGGER32 or HRD?
          Is there a information which logprograms are available to use OmniRig ?
          73s de Eike, DM3ML
        • Eike, DM3ML
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 20, 2009
            Hi Alex,
            thank you for the info. I tested the OmniRig feature of MixW, it works
            but it reads only the frequency out and does not NOT control the
            frequency. But I believe this problem is caused by MixW and not by
            OmniRig. By the way I made some advertising for OmniRig at the
            LOGGER32 reflector and looking forward for a result.
            73 de Eike, DM3ML