Client.exe ?

  • Eike, DM3ML
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2009
      Hi,
      I'm busy in getting familar with OmniRig. Following the description I
      found at http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig/BetaTest.txt I have to start
      the program 'client.exe' to configure the OmniRig. Where can I find
      this program?
      Thanks in advance and 73 de Eike, DM3ML
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2009
        Hi Eike,

        You need Client.exe only if you have created your own INI file for a new
        radio model and want to test it. To configure OmniRig, just run
        OmniRig.exe - in most programs that support OmniRig, there is a menu command
        that starts OmniRig.exe for you.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18, 2009
          Alex,
          thank you for your answer. In the meantime I found client.exe on your
          page and downloaded it. But I have a lot to learn untill I can answer
          a question of a friend of mine. I'm a newbie on OmniRig...
          When I'm right OmniRig is just an interface between an other programm
          which needs a CAT control and a transceiver. It seems that a
          programmer who is interested to use the OmniRig has to write an
          'OmniRig' interface and to put it on the list of its maintained
          transceivers between ICOM, Kenwood et.al. Or is it possible to use
          OmniRig as a virtual COM-Interface without any change in a program
          e.g. LOGGER32 or HRD?
          Is there a information which logprograms are available to use OmniRig ?
          73s de Eike, DM3ML

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 18, 2009
            Hi Eike,

            You are correct, OmniRig is an engine that allows any program to easily
            control the radio, simultaneously with other programs. The developer who
            want to use OmniRig in his program just has to write a few lines of code to
            create the OmniRig object, e.g.,

            OmniRig := TOmniRigX.Create(Self);

            and then read and write the OmniRig properties - e.g., to tune VFO A at
            7,005 kHz, he would write

            OmniRig.Rig1.FreqA := 7005000;

            OmniRig can also be used to control the COM port directly, but this makes
            little sense because then the developer would need to know all CAT commands
            of all radios. OmniRig hides the complexity of the commands from the
            programmer behind its simple interface.

            I do not have a complete list of programs that use OmniRig. Some of such
            programs are listed below. Of course, all of my own programs support
            OmniRig.

            73 Alex VE3NEA

            RadioKrot
            http://radiokrot.nm.ru/

            Virginia QSO Party
            http://www.lastnamesoftware.net/

            Morce Code Converter
            http://www.lineproduct.com/index.html

            UR5EQF Log
            http://ur5eqf.narod.ru/

            VT Rig control
            http://noorabil.com/VTRigControl.html

            VK Contest Log
            http://web.aanet.com.au/mnds/index.htm

            MixW
            http://www.mixw.net/

            Hamport
            AALog
            AALog contest module
            TrueTTY
            CwGet
            CwType
            http://www.dxsoft.com/

            Log Window
            http://www.scoincsoftware.com/

            DX Monitor
            http//www.benlo.com/dxmon/intro.html

            TalkingLogBook
            http://mysite.verizon.net/cloudyr/talkinglogbook/

            DXTRAK
            http://dxtrak.us/features.htm

            vCOM
            http://www.philcovington.com/SDR_arch.html

            Loki5ace logger
            http://www.qsl.net/oh2kxo/idowne.htm

            Log4u
            http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/log4u.htm

            UR5FCM Log
            http://ur5fcmlogger.sourceforge.net/

            EME System
            http://www.f1ehn.org/

            LogHX
            http://rx4hx.qrz.ru/english/english.html

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 20, 2009
              Hi Alex,
              thank you for the info. I tested the OmniRig feature of MixW, it works
              but it reads only the frequency out and does not NOT control the
              frequency. But I believe this problem is caused by MixW and not by
              OmniRig. By the way I made some advertising for OmniRig at the
              LOGGER32 reflector and looking forward for a result.
              73 de Eike, DM3ML