Ham Cap Problem

  • Paul Sturpe
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
      I am not having success setting up Ham Cap. I downloaded the most
      recent versions of Ham Cap and VOACAP from the respective web sites.
      The VOACAP is version 08.1219W. I assume the Ham Cap is 1.61 but I am
      not sure, because when I run Ham Cap I get the following message:

      VOACAP v.08.1124W is required for this program to run. Open the VOACAP
      download page?

      I can't get beyond that point. Does Ham Cap require the older version
      of VOACAP or should it work with the latest update? I have tried some
      older versions of VOACAP but all of the ones I have tried get me to the
      same "error" message when I try to run Ham Cap.

      Does anyone have a suggestion I can try?

      Thanks,

      Paul, W3GQ
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
        Paul, I recently made an upgrade to the program and did not encounter
        this problem. I am using Win XP if that makes any difference. You might
        try deleting the current install of both and retry it, all the way from
        downloading the files. It sounds like there may be some corruption some
        place to me. Good luck!

        Bruce, K2BET

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
          Be sure to install VOACAP first and then the Ham Cap program...

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
            Hi Paul,

            HamCap was asking for v.08.1124, but you have installed v,08.1219 instead.
            No wonder it is still asking for the version it needs.

            Alex

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
              Hi Alex,

              I guess I misunderstood. The web site at
              http://www.dxatlas.com/HamCap/ lists the required software as

              "Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP;
              VOACAP (a.k.a. itshfbc, a.k.a. hfwin32) v.3.827 OR ABOVE."
              (emphasis added.)

              I got it working now that I found the proper version of VOACAP.

              Paul

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
                Hi Paul,

                My mistake. I have changed the message in the program but forgot about the
                web page. Fixed now.